eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
crtmaster
Community Member
Ebay Confirm your account

When I try to sign in Iam geting redirected!

I am being redirected to www.kgvrfn.ebay.com!

IT says:

Ebay Confirm your account.. It looks like you signed in from a different computer. Before you continue, we need to verify your identity and confirm it's really you!

Choose how you'd like to receive your confirmation code

We'll send a message to the option you select.

By Phone (voice or text)

It is asking for private information.  Is this a ligitimate eBay location or a fraud?  What is with this "kgvrfn"?

Never had a problem in all my years!!

Other Answers: 10
prismepoch
Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to crtmaster

Since last month I have problems signing in to ebay and the customer support seems completely unable to help me:

When i try sign in I am redirected to https://www.kgvrfn.ebay.com

where i get the message:

Confirm your account 

It looks like you signed in from a different computer. Before you continue, we need to verify your identity and confirm it's really you.

Choose how you'd like to receive your confirmation code

We'll send a message to the option you select.

• By Phone (voice or text)

• After I press continue I get:

• Choose how you'd like to receive your confirmation code

Select a phone number and whether you'd like a phone call or text message.

• After I (again) press continue I get:
    •  

Answer a security question

But there is no security question on the box.

So the only option I have is to make a call  Customer Support.

Ebay Customer Support seems unable to solve this, as they fix it after my call, (i lose my time calling them) and the next day same error happens.

Does any other user has solved this and how?

Community Member
Answered
in reply to crtmaster

Anytime you receive an email purportedly from eBay that you are unsure of, just forward it to spoof@ebay.com, they will quickly confirm or deny that eBay sent it. Same thing with PayPal, forward it to spoof@paypal.com for the same service.

Site Map at bottom of every eBay page can be your best eBay friend!
ramez511
Community Member
Answered
in reply to crtmaster

i have the same problem, :mansad:  it looks like you signed in from a different computer,before you continue , we need to verify your identity and confirm it's really you!!!!!!! .. select the question ? write the answer !!! there is no question  :mansad:

recyclit123
Community Member
Answered
in reply to crtmaster

Fairly routine...

Security checkpoint..:manindifferent:

"Ebay Confirm your account.. It looks like you signed in from a different computer. Before you continue, we need to verify your identity and confirm it's really you!"

I've gotten those before, and..

All they want is for you to confirm your identity...

With a code they will either call you, or text you. :manwink:

~♣~

The Second Amendment - America's "ORIGINAL" Homeland Security.!

"We have Allowed Our Nation to be Over-Taxed, Over-Regulated, and Over-Run by Bureaucrats. The Founders would be Ashamed of Us for what We are Putting Up with."

"When Government fears the People, there is Liberty. When the People fear the Government, there is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

craneclimber1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to crtmaster

ebay already has your phone number.

choose your method of contact to confirm youjr account.

you are not saying what type of 'private information' is being asked for.

Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to crtmaster

Yeah, I'm getting this problem too, and can I just point out to everyone talking about emails, that the OP didn't mention emails anywhere in their post - this is to do with trying to sign in to ebay and getting redirected to www.kgvrfn.ebay.co.uk/.

If anyone can confirm whether this WEBSITE address is a valid ebay address, it would be appreciated...

gothammarketing
Community Member
Answered
in reply to crtmaster

Leaving aside the inconvenience of having to go through this asinine process every time you use a different PC or access Ebay with your laptop from a different IP address, it's deeply disturbing to me that Ebay can identify your hardware.  By what right do they have to look at your hardware configuration to know you're accessing the system from a "different computer" and what else might they be looking at?  Seems a violation of privacy and abrogation of trust, if you ask me.

I've been an Ebay member for many years now, and I find they're becoming increasingly difficult to do business with, from changes in feedback policy to forcing us to use PayPal, to increasing fee structures.  I'm thinking it's time to consider other alternative selling venues.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to crtmaster

I have had the exact same problem. New ip adress and get asked to confirm my account. Then the screen asking if i would like a text or phone call to my saved number. I select txt. I then get moved onto a screenasking me to asnwer a security question. The problem is its not the one I set up nor is there an option from the drop down menu to selct my one. Insted it asked me what other ebay id is associated with my account  and what ever I type doesnt work and I get locked out. So for the last 6 days I have ended up phoning ebay wasting a lot of my time and phone money getting into my account. When asking about a resolution to this problem I have got nowhere.

Has anyone been contacted by ebay with a working solution or has found one themself that works?

RM

Community Member
Answered
in reply to crtmaster

Same here.  Despite my FB/profile, I can attest to having used eBay for years

I've been repeatedly subjected to this recently.  I spent about two hours being interrogated by someone I could barely understand.  I was stunned by what I was asked.  I answered only so I could pay a seller.  "Your account is confirmed; you can sign in," I was told. 

It happened again.  I went through it again (this time for over one hour) and I was told by a guy who said he was "the best representative on eBay" that it would be "the last time." 

Right.  It happened again today.  Again I was told "This is the last time--you have my personal promise."  A "personal promise" from someone who reads from a script and says there's no record of my previous "confirmatiions" doesn't hold much water....

centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to crtmaster

Pretty easy to see if it is from ebay or not.

Is it in your ebay mail or just on your private email? If it is not in the ebay mail, it is NOT from ebay.