eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member
Account Suspended Indefinitely Without Notice

I woke up on 12/6/2011 to find my business burnt to the ground, or rather an email from eBay saying my seller account has been suspended infinitely. I run a store and eBay is a major part of my income each month so to have all my listings pulled was quite mind numbing. I had been below standard in the area of shipping and handling since June and had been working diligently with eBay to get my percentage in this ONE area back up. I have been in above standard in every other area and in full policy compliance since joining eBay almost 10 years ago. When I called to find out what was happening, figuring this must be some sort of mistake, I was told by the first representative that I was pulled by a "matrix" because my account had been below standard for so many months BUT if I called back when the trust and safety department was open (it was only 7 a.m.) they would look at my account and see that as of my next evaluation which was only 2 weeks away I would be back above standard and in a months time I would be at 100% full compliance. Whew. What a relief. I stopped being hysterical and just waited until 9:00 a.m. When I called back at 9:00 I got a completely different story. I was told that not only could I not even speak to anyone in the trust and safety department but that the decision to suspend my account was permanent and could not be appealed. I hung up and called back trying to get the first representative I spoke with and got a representative who "knew" the first rep I spoke with and she said she had no idea why he would tell me what he told me at 7:00 a.m. as once accounts as suspended indefinitely there is no chance for appeal. I am in utter shock. I have been part of this community for over 10 years and worked my tail off to align my business model with eBay's standards. I was days away from making that happen and was shut down completely without notice and, more importantly, without getting a voice in the matter. Has anyone had any experience like this? Can you offer any insight? I feel like I am missing a limb, not to mention I have no idea how I am going to pay my rent. Any advise would be appreciated.

Other Answers: 66
buy3get1free_worldwide
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

PS.... I AM SURE IF SELLER WERE TO RATE EBAY AS A COMPANY, THEIR ACCOUNT WOULD HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY TOO ! NO ONE IS PERFECT !

Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

exact same thing happened to me - now after 2+ years of having an inactive account - neither buying or being allowed to sell the ebay refuses to close my account --- there have been no charges no activity for 2+ years

they refuse to close my account due to low shipping on the seller dashboard - I only ship via USPS priority mail actual charges and do not ship internationally - yet i received 1 and 2 rating for shipping fees

they refuse too close my account now after 2+ years of sitting -

time for a new class action lawsuit

monstergoddessco
Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to ebc13179

Same thing happened to me yesterday morning 9/19/2013 7am.

I have been selling for 5months now with 100% positive feedback.

Ebay removed all my listings and just sent me a message saying that I can no longer sell on ebay anymore. I called the customer support and asked why and representative told me that I had too many open cases over one month. I had 11 open cases in a month from buyers who simply didnt want to pay for restocking fee or simply was just making an excuse to get their full money back. 

Some were 'purchased accidently'. None of those buyers were try to solve problems with me. AS A BUYER BEFORE THEY OPEN ANY CASES THEY HAVE TO CONTACT SELLERS. As I explained these facts and unfair acts of ebay to representative lady she just said decision is already made but you can still buy on ebay. I hung up..... EBAY DON'T CARE ABOUT SELLERS WHO MAKES MONEY FOR THEM. Now they are big company that also owns paypal thats why they don't give a **bleep** about small business sellers like us. Ebay will shut you out with no warning. EBAY COMPANY NEED TO REALIZE WE ARE REAL PEOPLE WHO HAVE FAMILY TO FEED AND SUPPORT. Now Im left with $20,000 worth of merchandise. 

FOUND Store envy to re-run my business today and they are free, no insertion fees, no monthly fees, no seller fees, no percentage!

buy3get1free_worldwide
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

THIS IS VERY SHAMEFUL !! EBAY IS TRYING THEIR BEST TO GET RID OF THE SMALLER SELLERS THAT HAS MADE EBAY SO SUCCESSFUL. I ALSO WAS A SELLER WHO WAS A VICTIM OF EBAY CORPORATE POLICIES. MY ACCOUNT WAS ALSO SUSPENDED BECAUSE OF MY SELLER PERFORMANCE. MAJORITY OF EBAY SELLERS ARE EVERYDAY PEOPLE WHO WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY ON EBAY, BUT WE GET TREATED WITH NO RESPECT. EBAY IS TRADING IN ALL THEIR REAL SELLERS FOR THESE CORPORATE COMPANY'S ( BEST BUY , NEWEGG 99.5%, DELL, BUYDIG 99.5 % ) WILL ONLY RAISE PRICES AND TREAT EBAY AS A LINK TO THEIR OWN WEBSITE. THIS IS THE DOWNFALL OF EBAY ! EBAY WAS A GREAT SITE THAT GOT GREEDY AND NOW IS GARBAGE. AMAZON HERE I COME.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

my account was suspended today after being in perfect standing today because i called in to get my seller limits increased.  after being on hold for over a half a hour i finally got some girl who kindly said she would review the account.  she came back and basically said that i was no longer allowed to sell on ebay because of some sort fo trend on my account... not sure if it was like someone stated before of cases i have had opened because of dumb buyers and all i get when i call in is my account has some sort of trend on it that they deem not up to their standards.  i have had no problems really recently except for one buyer who bought 1 day on a sunday, handling time was 1 business day monday then left negetive feedback tuesday morning without even notifying me.  my small home business is now ruined because of this INDEFINITE SUSPENSION and now have togo about figuring out how to put food on the table as my income cabalities are limited.

go-faster-stripes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

Hi, I woke up this morning to find exactly the same thing had happened to me - After 9 years of hard work and 99.7 % positive feedback and over 3000 transactions - Its hard to even comprehend why ebay would want to shut out some of its earliest founding members because of new regulations designed to fail the small seller. The mind boggles really. 

fithfranz57
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

Just got suspended indefinitely for having FOUR AND ONE HALF STARS ON SHIPPING! BOYCOTT EBAY PEOPLE!

Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

I was just notified that my selling is permanently restricted and I need to be able to speak to someone who will listen to my story and then help me because I can't believe a company as sucessful as ebay is would not want to help a seller who was a top rated seller for several years until december 2011 when my 67 year old mother was diagnosed with lung cancer and then two months later died. This is what started my ebay nightmare. I know that if someone in the trust and safety team who makes these calls were to hear me out for five minutes and then reviedw my account with all the information I've given would not want to help me clear up this great mistake ebay has made in regards to thed risk you are curre3ntly under the assumption that I pose. This is my life and my income. My job that I was mistakenly fired from which is now making it hard to put food on the table. This is my life and this problem escalated and can easily be explained if IO was able to explain myself to the right people. Please please advise ebay, soon. Shauna

the_kaiba_corp
Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to ebc13179

They limited my account after i bought a pre sell item from a "top-rated" seller only to sell my own product but the person i bought from never sent my item so i had to refund everyone i sold to so i received a few negatives which is understandable but the item i bought to re sell from the top rated seller was refunded and the that top rated seller is gone now because of so many ppl not getting their pre ordrers in may. but they basically took me down with them!! I called ebay to figure out what to do to improve my below standard because it was pretty bad. I was below in nearly every category for a moment. 3 months later i had nearly 500 positives in a row and the only had one category to get out of below standard but before my next evaluation they closed my account! :WKERJ$@OI@$(P*@U$(#@*T@$ **bleep** !!!!! 

Here's the breakdown:

If you get a low rating (either a 1 out of 5 or 2 out of 5) for any category, ebay will count it for three months so you have to sell 100 items WITH 5 STAR FEEDBACK to make up for the bad one. 

If you don't sell enough, you get restricted.

But they limit your selling so how can you accomplish that? 

You can't.

So screw EVERY SELLER out there by giving them positive feedback but giving them a 1 rating for every category. Ebay will have to restrict everyones account if more people knew that's all it takes. Don't even need to give a neg. Just a 1 star rating.

Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to ebc13179

Ebay seller for over 10 years

100% feedback

V.good DSRs

4780 feedback

& banned a couple of days ago ??

Evidently a buyer cmplained in May that an item went missing, & I didn't refund them quick enough. Such a heinous crime they ban me straight away in October .......

fashionsandbeauty4u
Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to ebc13179

Just offering an opinion:

First: I am sorry to hear of your issues with Ebay. I know they must be very stressful for you, especially at the holidays.

There are always two sides to every story. When someone comes to the Answer Center, hopefully they are open to hearing the good and bad. In looking at your Feedback, it appears one issue is that you have listed things you did not have in stock. The other issue is you state in a response to negative feedback that you will give a refund in exchange for positive feedback. Those two things violate Ebay policies.

Now for what you could try to do. First, I would read the Ebay User Agreement. At the bottom of that agreement is your legal recourse. It explains in detail what steps to take to possibly get your account restored.

There are other options out there, especially this time of year.

Best of luck to you.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

Ebay suspended my account on Monday I have 100 positives and 6 not as described was a power seller till August when 3 of those came in at the same time. I have had 80 positives come in since Aug 20th but they say I am not doing enough. Like you can change that..

I have a website and if I put the $1000 I give them every month on promoting it I won't have to put up with this garbage and what I consider childish behavior on their part. Also no fees so prices can be lower.

The thing that is bad some people use this money to live on so serious damage can be done to many. but it is the same old thing big corporations do not care about anything but money.

We supposedly owe our stores but don't really I can understand if something really drastic happened but these people who left these less than 5 star marks never wrote to complain. I do know that the regular buyer does not understand what any kind of less than 5 star marks problems it can cause the selller..

Well its been a 15 year ride but time to end it I think.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

My account has also been suspended for what they claim to be low seller performance.  The only category that I did not meet their requirements was the item as described, in which I had 1.15% instead of the required 1% or lower.  One year ago, I had 1.8% in this same category, so it's clear there is an alternative motive for them to suspend my account at this time, and I have no idea what that is.  After talking to their call center in India twice, the 2nd lady finally told me that in Ebay's TOS, they reserve the right to cancel an account at any time.  I told her that it didn't make sense for a person paying them monthly and keeping 996 people out of 1000 happy to lose their account indefinitely for no reason and with no warning.  

Ebid, amazon, and other alternatives, here I come!  As for eBay, my word of mouth and refusal to use their service even to buy will hurt them much more than it will hurt me.  Good luck eBay, have fun keeping the corporate sellers chasing pennies and selling junk.

daniski2608
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

I'm in the same position like you guys,just weak up 2 days ago to find out my account is suspended without any warnings! I had 99.3 positive feedback and so on... I'm the worst hideous seller in the world! I contact representative Randy only to hear 5 times :" they don't want you on ebay " and nothing else!!

I'm sure, that eBay got ride of thousand sellers like me only for financial reason.I don't know what exact sum is, but obviously worth enough for them.I'm single mom, and just move to area where jobs are cut and my ONLY **bleep**ing income was eBay. Now My kids wont have Christmas, nor new clothes any soon. I can't sleep, nor eat from frustration...

Those, who get decision to destroy our simple lives just asking for bad karma.Taking bread away from poor mother is a sin!  I wish all eBay owners millionaires feel my pain and receive from God what they deserve!

Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

I to got suspended, even with a 99.8 approval rating, I have talked to 3 different foreign reps who only can give you answers from a flip book, and have no athority other than what there trained to say.  Just for information look up some of the listings from the Chinese listings they have anywhere from 60 to 180 negative issues this year only, but there still selling, maybe ebay doesn't want to upset the balance of trade or because we owe them to much money.

mike

Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

I too had the very same thing happen to me after being an ebay member since 1998.  My account was restricted in February.  I have had nothing but positive ratings/feedback in the last 3 months at least.  I have 4.9 and 4.8 ratings and have been told there is nothing I can do.  I can no longer sell on ebay.  It sure appears that something is going on that ebay is doing this to loyal sellers.

And yes, I was informed I could still buy on ebay!  Really?!!

good_chick
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

Please help!!, i was suspended last night, i have 100% positive feedback over 600 stars and above standars.

notice" you  have reached selling limits" your account is suspended.

I called customer service to ask why my store was suspended and she told me i had 2 claims, wich were closed by the buyers,

a woman reported that one phone she bought from me has not internet, i told her how reset the phone ans issue was fixed.

Now i am stuck with inventory, no experience in amazon, i was with ebay for 6 years.

the thing i don-t understand is, i have 100% positive feedback and my dhasboard says i am above standards.

please help

Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to ebc13179

ebay truly is arbitrary. they do suck. they did the same thing to me today and had no valid reason to do so. they allowed me the priviledge of still buying on there. they breach they own rules all of the time and make arbitrary decisions based on nothing. 8 years, not a problem,

Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

Did this happen to a lot of you this morning, 9/10, as it did me?  Talk about a company shooting themself in the leg to pave the way for larger corporate sellers.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

I am in the same position as many of you.  My seller account was 97.6% and was shut down.  I had a couple of things go wrong at once.  I sell returned items and didn't check a couple out completely.  however, I completely refunded the money and returned the items.  I sell on eBay to raise money to adopt an orphan from Haiti.  Also I use eBay to raise money for an orphanage in Haiti.  There is no one that will listen to me.  I can't imagine if I could talk to a real person that they wouldn't reinstate me.  I am not fradulent.  I just made a few mistakes as I am learning eBay.  I am desperate to get it back up.  Does anyone have any advice.  I have listed some on eBid but have not had luck as of yet.  I do feel like I need to go somewhere else besides eBay where they treat people like people and don't have some customer service rep reading from a card.  It needs to be done on a case by case basis.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

Mine was closed also after 12 yrs. Nobody wants to answer any questions. I just don't understand either. Yesterday I was told it was a glitch in the system and everything would be back to normal today but when I called today they said sorry we made our decision. I asked who "we" is and was told they personally looked at everybody's account and decided to close them. I don't believe that. Now I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the room full of stuff I was going to sell to suppliment my income. Ebay doesn't want to listen to the little people who helped make the company a success. I hope they read these comments and realize how this decision has impacted the little people just trying to survive in a bad economy. The worst part is they say you can't appeal.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

I'm just another seller done wrong by ebay!! I jumped through hoops trying to get a buisiness going!! When i finally become quite efficient at ebay and was making a go of it. Ebay put limits on my account until i could bring up my ebay ratings. I had three people complain 6 months ago about communication the first month my store was open. I would have been back on track as of my next evaluation but the indefinetly shut my account down a week and a half before my eval. I'm tired of talking to all the foreign representatives that do not know anything that isn't in their flip book. I especially don't like it when they put me on hold and talk in there native language in the back ground and come back with no answers. I did get a phone number to speak to someone in management but it told me to go to ebay customer support. I cannot believe you cannot talk to someone who can actually review your account. Ebay needs some serious compitition. Like EBetter!!!

Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

You really have no rights,you can only jump through the hoops Ebay makes you jump through(some are impossible to jump through) or hit the road...Just feel lucky that they didnt freeze your PayPal acct also,they will hold your funds for 6 months,then you really get screwed and theres not a thing you can do about it...

member40076340
Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to ebc13179

This just happened to us.  We have excellent feedback and the Ebay rep could not tell us for how long our account would be restricted.   However, he DID tell me they are doing this to THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of sellers in front of Christmas.   So he suggested that I call Paypal and remove Ebay's ability to collect their fees until the account was reinstated.  You can also just go into your account and remove their ability to automatically take their fees from your Paypal account.  Also, transfer any outstanding money in your Paypal account to your bank immediately.  

Item as described
1.10%
1.00% 

Interesting info here:  http://www.auctioncope.com/in-the-news/mc042-ebay-reinstates-thousands-of-suspended-accounts/

fab_finds4u
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

I'm shocked and totally blown away. I looked at your DSR's; 3 are 4.9 and 1 is 4.7, and your feedback is 99.9% positive---- it's unreal the powers-that-be at eBay thought we had to be protected from sellers like you. Just unreal!

Digging deeper, are you certain it's about your shipping star and not the fact you received 4 neutrals in 60 days?  eBay gives neutrals the same weight as negatives, which is wrong as far as I'm concerned, but it's their ballgame so we have to go along with their rules.

Anyway, here's my advice.  Quit fooling around calling eBay. In questions about why is my account suspended, it says

"Suspension due to a violation of a rule or policy

If your account was suspended due to a rule or policy violation, and you want to appeal your account suspension, reply directly to the suspension notice and include any relevant information, or contact us."

So I would reply directly to the suspension notice. Use that notice to reply to and not by phone calls.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/questions/account-suspended.html

Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

Merry Christmas!!  I, also, just received notice that my selling account has been suspended.  I have spent two whole days trying to get the situation resolved.  The only fact that ebay will tell me is that my account and my son's is linked to a suspended account.  That account belongs to his ex wife who divorced him over three years ago and in the divorce decree, was awarded full ownership of the ebay business.  I was able to speak with an account manager, Ann, who gave me a reference number (1-2183986014) and told me that the only way that I could appeal my case is through a response e-mail to the suspension notice.  She assured me that ebay did not and would not remove active listings (my son had about 100 with bidders) but instead would not allow further listings.  This was absolutely false!!  After speaking with her, I e-mailed my case back to ebay.  This morning when I got up, I find an automatic response telling me to contact the same number that I had spoken with last night.  Upon calling, I again stated my case.  That my son could fax them a copy of the divorce decree stating that he no longer had any attachment to his ex's business.  She told me that my case had already been reviewed, that I could not speak with an account manager, and that I have no recourse at all because of my association with my son's ex.  She then proceded to hang up on me!  Does that not sound like discrimination?  How ethical is it that an accused does not even get a chance to prove his innocence?  Ebay assured me that I could still purchase items on their site.  Are you kidding me???????  They have ruined my son's life and our holidays and they are sure that we would want to participate in their ETHICAL business???  I have found all kinds of sites on the internet who will set up new legitimate ebay accounts so you can get by ebay's nonsense but who would want to give them more money for being treated with such little respect and consideration!!!!!

I woke up on 12/6/2011 to find my business burnt to the ground, or rather an email from eBay saying my seller account has been suspended infinitely. I run a store and eBay is a major part of my income each month so to have all my listings pulled was quite mind numbing. I had been below standard in the area of shipping and handling since June and had been working diligently with eBay to get my percentage in this ONE area back up. I have been in above standard in every other area and in full policy compliance since joining eBay almost 10 years ago. When I called to find out what was happening, figuring this must be some sort of mistake, I was told by the first representative that I was pulled by a "matrix" because my account had been below standard for so many months BUT if I called back when the trust and safety department was open (it was only 7 a.m.) they would look at my account and see that as of my next evaluation which was only 2 weeks away I would be back above standard and in a months time I would be at 100% full compliance. Whew. What a relief. I stopped being hysterical and just waited until 9:00 a.m. When I called back at 9:00 I got a completely different story. I was told that not only could I not even speak to anyone in the trust and safety department but that the decision to suspend my account was permanent and could not be appealed. I hung up and called back trying to get the first representative I spoke with and got a representative who "knew" the first rep I spoke with and she said she had no idea why he would tell me what he told me at 7:00 a.m. as once accounts as suspended indefinitely there is no chance for appeal. I am in utter shock. I have been part of this community for over 10 years and worked my tail off to align my business model with eBay's standards. I was days away from making that happen and was shut down completely without notice and, more importantly, without getting a voice in the matter. Has anyone had any experience like this? Can you offer any insight? I feel like I am missing a limb, not to mention I have no idea how I am going to pay my rent. Any advise would be appreciated.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

Unfortunately, I had the same issues as all of you. I have an account with great standing and the idiot indian lady I spoke with wouldn't get anyone on the line to help me with my problem. I was very nice to her and she just kept saying rude things like, "Ebay is not the place for a seller like you, you need to find another avenue to sell your products" 

I asked her to give me a reason why my account was suspended since I did not have anyting done on my account which broke their terms of service. She kept telling me that it was poor seller performance but when I asked her what I did wrong that was considered to be bad performance, she just kept re-itterating that there was no further details on the account and ebay doesn't need sellers like me. What a **bleep**. Really angered me. I asked her for her name and she refused to give it to me. I said, "how can I identify you when I call back then" and she said that it would be logged in my account. I wanted to make sure someone higher up knew how she was talking to me on the phone.

So frustrating that I couldn't even get a direct answer on what I did wrong. I've had my ebay account for so many years and even after they asked me to send them all of my shipping labels and tracking numbers, I did and they still suspended my account. There's gotta be a way for all of us to get our accounts back. I really don't think anyone who is trying to scam Ebay is going to try this hard to get their accounts back. They're just going to move on and scam the next system.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

8000 positive no low dsr that violates there terms. they get rid of people just because they want to. period.

Community Member
Answered
[ Edited ]
in reply to ebc13179

It's just happen to me suspended infinitely other seller still sale item same as me I don't know could be done by one custommer scammer claim that he got wrong item and want refund but doesn't want to return item....Oh well...There are other way to sell stuff eBay may be busy high trafic on sale channel but if your stuffs awesome people will find you 

pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ebc13179

THread opened Dec 14, 2011

Hopefully this is #10 answer, and will prevent the ghost from being resurrected yet again.

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help