eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution

Need help resolving- buy it now-shipping cost not as listed

Please see my original post/thread in the "Checkout" catagory for more info.

In a nut-shell,

Seller had a mistake in shipping calculator. I hit buy it now expecting to pay as it said.

Seller has not sent an Invoice. We have had numerous communications.

As of now, I'm willing to just cancel and let it go.

Seller has not responded to my last 3 communications.

How do I end this nightmare??

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Need help resolving- buy it now-shipping cost not as listed

in reply to 6145shel

Read all the posts from the original thread.

And don't start new ones on the same subject in another category.  Its considered spamming the boards.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to fab50cafe

fab50cafe wrote:

Read all the posts from the original thread.

And don't start new ones on the same subject in another category.  Its considered spamming the boards.

I have read all the posts, have you?

I am a newbie trying to resolve an issue, the last post told me to go to "trust&safety".

I cannot figure out how to do what was suggested.

Since this is the "trust&safety" board, I thought I'd ask here.

Do you have any actual help for me?

And, I'm sorry for opening another thread.

HOW DO YOU ACTUALLY CONTACT E-BAY AND NOT GET A PERSON FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD WHO CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING?

sorry for yelling, I would have done it, if I knew how, I've tried all I can find, and I'm still trying!!!

Please use plain text.
seemystuffonline
Community Member

in reply to 6145shel

The seller sent you a message saying "I'm Done"  This indicates that from his standpoint this is over.  He does not have to cancel anything unless he wants to get his ebay fees back.

You cannot force him to sell it to you or ship it at a loss.

He doesn't have to sell it to you and you don't have to pay.  Ebay is not law enforcement,  the only sanctions that ebay has is to restrict people on the site from buying or selling.

If he initiates a non payment strike against you you can appeal it to ebay -

If the seller wants to cancel the transaction so he can get fees back from ebay, you can then decide if you want to cooperate or not.

Even when I am telling a lie I am truthful. :-) Rick
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to seemystuffonline

seemystuffonline wrote:

The seller sent you a message saying "I'm Done"  This indicates that from his standpoint this is over.  He does not have to cancel anything unless he wants to get his ebay fees back.

You cannot force him to sell it to you or ship it at a loss.

He doesn't have to sell it to you and you don't have to pay.  Ebay is not law enforcement,  the only sanctions that ebay has is to restrict people on the site from buying or selling.

If he initiates a non payment strike against you you can appeal it to ebay -

If the seller wants to cancel the transaction so he can get fees back from ebay, you can then decide if you want to cooperate or not.

Thanks for that, but my question is still unanswered....

"Is their a way to just cancel this whole thing without either the seller or myself getting a bad reputation?

The seller made a big mistake in his listing, and I should have known better..LOL!"

I have hit "BIN" and requested an Invoice... Seller has not responded with an Invoice.

I am left waiting for the Invoice, can I just cancel at this point without any penalty or negative rating?

I would assume seller cannot initiate a non-payment against me without first sending me an Invoice, right?

I cannot claim non-shipment for the same reason, right?

Since, technically I have not paid, I cannot do much, right? I have comitted, based on sellers info, but if seller refuses to cooperate, what recourse do I have?

So, it seems like we are at a "stalemate"...hence, my question, "How do we resolve with neither party being injured?"

Thanks again,

Please use plain text.
fossil_diver
Community Member

in reply to 6145shel

"Is their a way to just cancel this whole thing without either the seller or myself getting a bad reputation?

Is that all you really wanted to know?  That's easy. Message the seller and ask them to send you a cancellation request. It will not reflect badly on either one of you and the seller will be able to get their fees refunded.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to fossil_diver

fossil_diver wrote:

Is that all you really wanted to know?  That's easy. Message the seller and ask them to send you a cancellation request. It will not reflect badly on either one of you and the seller will be able to get their fees refunded.

Once it got to the point where he said "I'm Done", yes, that's all I've been looking for, a way to get it done. BUT, I have sent him messages since he said I'm done asking him to cancel it, end it, whatever, but he hasn't replied to me on any of them!!

Thank you very much for the simple answer, I will try that now!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 6145shel

Here is something I just found out... The seller has already, as of 7/26, re-listed this item on Craigslist, yet I still have it in my purchased items waiting for him to send me an Invoice!!!   Here's a link;

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/for/3961878283.html

Don't I still have the rights to this, until and if he ever cancels!!

I'm getting quite annoyed at this now! I've tried many times to get this done, one way or another!

What to do????

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 6145shel

What to do now? You didn't pay. Seller isn't responding to your emails. Move on and forget about it.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to takikawa4

takikawa4 wrote:

What to do now? You didn't pay. Seller isn't responding to your emails. Move on and forget about it.

How do I remove it from my purchases pending payment?

I just got off the phone with the seller, he's telling me to ignore it also! I told him that I cannot cancel it, he needs to send the cancellation request to me!

He's telling me he cannot even find it in his Ebay?? I begged and pleaded for him to make sure and to look for it.  I wish someone from Ebay could get involved in this, I just want to end it, I even sent him another message and told him I'd try to help him find a buyer closer to him!!

This is all making me sick! Sorry I have to share this all with this board, but I'm lost as to where to go!

And thanks again,

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 6145shel

Good grief. Just do as the seller said and ignore it. You may be able to mark it as payment sent and then archive it. Don't know for sure since I've never been in this position.

Since the seller isn't going to file a UID, getting all upset about this is not worth the time or effort. You've sent numerous emails to the seller, just got off the phone and then sent another email? Why? You need to MOVE ON.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to takikawa4

takikawa4 wrote:

Good grief. Just do as the seller said and ignore it. You may be able to mark it as payment sent and then archive it. Don't know for sure since I've never been in this position.

Since the seller isn't going to file a UID, getting all upset about this is not worth the time or effort. You've sent numerous emails to the seller, just got off the phone and then sent another email? Why? You need to MOVE ON.

okay, I did that, don't know what it accomplished, seems like sweeping the dirt under the rug!

Anyway, He replied, says he cannot find it to send the cancellation request.... and on we go..LOL!

I'm just worried about someone trying to make me pay for it, and would be a lot more comfortable if it were actually cancelled, or officially resolved, somehow.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to 6145shel

Deleted.  Unsuccesful inserting link

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/resolving-problems.html

Perhaps putting this through the resolution center will get eBay involved to help the seller cancel the transaction to "make it official" so that there is no worry about any future problems.

I kept wondering why the ball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to zzwill51

zzwill51 wrote:

Deleted.  Unsuccesful inserting link

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/resolving-problems.html

Perhaps putting this through the resolution center will get eBay involved to help the seller cancel the transaction to "make it official" so that there is no worry about any future problems.

There  is nothing to resolve through the resolution center as the buyer did not pay.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to takikawa4

Thanks.  So, as long as the buyer never paid, it is up to the seller as to what direction to proceed...either file for non-payment through the resolution center or cancel the transaction.  The seller can appanently just say, "I'm done" to the buyer, and that would technically be considered the same as a cancellation to where it cancels any sort of possible transaction?  I think this was the OP's original concern?  In other words, the seller couldn't change their mind and file a non-payment case through the resolution center against the buyer after saying, "I'm done."   

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to zzwill51

The seller can appanently just say, "I'm done" to the buyer, and that would technically be considered the same as a cancellation to where it cancels any sort of possible transaction?

Nope.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sam9876

Why not?  The seller is not going to file a cancelation request, so since the buyer did hit the "buy in now" button, the seller could still file for non-payment, even though the seller won't send the buyer an invoice with the correct shipping amount?  Since no money/item exchange was made, and the buyer can't force the seller to complete the transaction with the correct shipping amount, how could the buyer still be liable for anything, once the seller said, "I'm done" and wouldn't respond anymore to the buyer's messages? 

It seems like a catch 22.  Even though no money/item  exchange took place, I would think that the resolution center could become involved, once the "buy it now" button was hit.  Apparently not.   To me, it's like saying the buyer can hit the "buy it now" button all they want (even if they want the item), but as long as they don't pay, then it means nothing?  The seller is, of course, left with the option to file for a non-payment case or a cancellation.

So, everything seems to be left in the seller's hands once the "buy it now" button is hit.  And if the seller tells the buyer, "I'm done" and won't send a correct invoice, but relists the item instead, is this not enough proof that the seller has cancelled the transaction with going through the actual cancellation request?  If that's the case, then the buyer is still left hanging? 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

RESOLVED --- Re: Need help resolving- buy it now-shipping cost not as listed

in reply to zzwill51

This is now, finally, officially ended!!

Seller did finally go through with the cancellation process.

He had to first send me the Invoice, which he told me to ignore, because it had to be done before he could cancel it.

He then sent a request to cancel, all I had to do was agree to it, and it's done!

Hopefully this info will help others that may get into the same type of situation.

Thanks again to all who helped, or tried to help.

Please use plain text.
strollinggator
Community Member

in reply to 6145shel

Don't I still have the rights to this, until and if he ever cancels!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

No you do not have the rights to anything until it is actually paid.

An item belongs to the seller to do whatever he wants with an unpaid item. He can indeed relist it or even destroy it if he chooses.

Just send a cancellation request through eBay and don`t worry about it even if he does not respond to the request.

He is a fool for not trying to get his FVF or % of sale returned from eBay for an unpaid item.

Stop worrying. Your reputation is safe.

Please use plain text.
strollinggator
Community Member

Re: RESOLVED --- Re: Need help resolving- buy it now-shipping cost not as listed

in reply to 6145shel

This is now, finally, officially ended!!

Seller did finally go through with the cancellation process.

Glad to hear it is over.

Please use plain text.