eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
Community Member

EBAY CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST!

I don't know why I even bother anymore!  I just got off the phone trying to resolve an issue with an old account (I opened it in 1998!) which due to the numerous changes to ebay rules and policy, was restricted.  My other ebay account was also seller restricted, without ANY notice by the way, as well as my wife's account.  The script reader on the other end of the line informed me, after a good 20 minutes, that there is nothing she can or would do to resolve the issue!  It seems that if you can't keep up with the constant changes, made to improve the levels of service I'm sure, and you fall outside of the parameters of the algorithms, you are permanently screwed!  This is not only unfair, it is unreasonable and counter-productive!  To not even allow for the reexamination and reconsideration of accounts status is just ridiculous!  I guess they don't have an algorithm for that!  Many people have said this before and it is true now as ever, ebay doesn't give a tinkers **bleep** about the people who use the site, all they care about is however they can make the most money possible with the least amount of liability, perceived or real! 

Please use plain text.
nc-daydreamer
Community Member

Re: EBAY CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST!

[ Edited ]
in reply to jcarter6772012

Also be careful about other people in your home that have the same IP address as you, can also get into trouble.

All accounts, in your name or not, that eBay's bots connect to your's (even different computers).  All accounts, in any name, using any computer - will have the same restrictions.  

Only way around this (from reading thse boards) is to have the company (cable/phone/dish.. whatever) come to your house and reprogram all the computers through the modem to have different, permanent IP's.   (This is the same procedure they do when it is discovered (and verified by the service tech) that someone outside your address is riding on your connection.)  This  happened to  me, some new neighbors were hacking into my secured system.  It took them 2 tech's and 2 days at 5 hours each day to do it - but  have not had any more issues with freeloaders.  Previous posts on the boards suggest that this change will effectively fix eBay's assumption that everyone in the house is the same person so the actions of one do not affect anyone else.

I'm sorry this happened to you - but in all defense of the CS reps - often their hands are tied and they don't have the authority to make changes like that.  I invite you to plead your case with Griff & Lee (eBay radio) or on the Group boards where real eBay employees hang out and do have a little more power to get things fixed.   Now mind you, not everything can be fixed, but getting a 'no' to your efforts leaves you in no worse shape than when you started by calling the reps.

Good luck.

=====================================
Life is but a fragile moment in time; be wise and treat it with care.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to nc-daydreamer

as I stated on your other post (http://community.ebay.com/t5/Policies-User-Agreement/EBAY-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-IS-THE-ABSOLUTE-WORST/m-p...

Ok so, you've had not one, not two, but THREE accounts counting your wifes banned, and you want yet another chance? I can understand the ebay logic in not giving you a 4th chance.

You can almost count on having this account banned eventually due to an ebay rule that has been in effect for at least 5 years

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/multiple-accounts.html

Registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid buying and selling restrictions or limits or other policy consequences.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I am reading these types of accounts more and more.

Remember eBay is in business to make money.

You sell your goods with the best of intentions.

Then someone creates a problem which you have absolutely no control over and nothing to do with.

Despite your best efforts eBay represenatives including Safty and Security can do nothing to help.

First off, don't be fooled - Safty and Security is there to protect eBay not you.

Second, they have major bugs in their operating system.

Have'nt you noticed them?

Monthly totals not even close.

Lists that simply disappear.

Errors in sales volume.

See THE PROBLEM IS EBAY CAN NOT ADMIT (TO ANYBODY) THEY HAVE PROBLEMS.

THE ADMISSION OF PROBLEMS AND ERRORS WILL SEND THEIR ADVERTIZERS and INVESTORS SCRAMBLING.

The turth is they can not help you even though they know you are right.

The ebay associates are under strict guidlines and can NEVER admit a mistake.

Reminds me of the old days selling IBM PC's

NEVER ADMIT A PROBLEM.

The phone associates want to help do the right thing but they are handcuffed by eBay management.

This is all in the effort to shield them from any bad publicity that would cost them BIG DOLLARS in ADVERTIZING and STOCK PRICES.  I think this year that eBay is going to have some major problems that are inevitable because they can not FIX something without admiting they have a PROBLEM.  The hole will just keep getting bigger. 

Financial Greed seems to always win out over customer service.

It is a trend that has been going on for many years now.

Good luck and best wishes to all eBay sellers.

Let me THANK YOU for your hard and devoted work researching, listing, packaging, and shipping.

I think the 20% that eBay gets from our labor is worse then LOAN SHARKING especially since we do all the work.

I wish I had a nickle for every hour I have spent on the phone with them.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EBAY SELLERS.

LET THE MEDIA KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON.

EBAY HAS NO METHOD FOR REPORTING PROBLEMS WITH EBAY.

THEY ONLY ALLOW US TO REPORT PROBLEMS ABOUT OURSELVES.

IT IS SICKENING - But what can we do?

Please use plain text.
john-c-holmes
Community Member

This is the "disruptive innovation" which John Donahoe has been hoping for. He wants to eliminate small Sellers completely and replace them with big box and Chinese.

Want proof? Did you see the Bloomberg West report on what eBay's doing? It aired 2 December - THIS MONTH!

Take the time and watch this completely. DON'T BLOW THIS OFF - WATCH THIS!

It'll tell you where you stand with eBay and PayPal!

http://www.businessweek.com/videos/2013-12-06/ebays-transition-bloomberg-west-12-06

REALITY BITES!

Reality isn’t the way you wish things to be, or the way they appear to be, but the way they actually are. You either acknowledge reality and use it to your benefit, or it will automatically work against you.

win

photo Obey-1_zpsb25c6c25.jpg photo CoolHandLuke-6Mini1_zps73124971.gif
Please use plain text.
nc-daydreamer
Community Member

in reply to imjustaposter

imjustaposter wrote:

as I stated on your other post (http://community.ebay.com/t5/Policies-User-Agreement/EBAY-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-IS-THE-ABSOLUTE-WORST/m-p...

Ok so, you've had not one, not two, but THREE accounts counting your wifes banned, and you want yet another chance? I can understand the ebay logic in not giving you a 4th chance.

You can almost count on having this account banned eventually due to an ebay rule that has been in effect for at least 5 years

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/multiple-accounts.html

Registering new accounts or using other existing accounts to avoid buying and selling restrictions or limits or other policy consequences.

Are you talking to me or the OP?

=====================================
Life is but a fragile moment in time; be wise and treat it with care.
Please use plain text.