eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Best Way To Sell Baseball Cards?

Hi, I just came upon a HUGE lot of 1000's of baseball cards.  The one pack I've opened so far is Donruss 1990.  It looks basically like nearly every baseball card from 1990 is in it.  I'm not sure if that is right but seriously, it's a huge lot.

I sell clothing, but I would like to sell these cards and get some

return on my investment.  Can you give me some suggestions on the best way to list for someone who has pretty much no idea what I have?

Thanks for any help and suggestions you might provide :smileyhappy:

Barb

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Best Way To Sell Baseball Cards?

in reply to northwest*bargain*barn

Oh, when I re-read my first post, I realize it's a little confusing.  All of the baseball cards are already opened (out of the original package), but they're all in (probably mint) condition.

I just am not sure what to look for when selling, what type of keywords to use.

Is there something you have saved that could help me understand how to list it?  Would anyone recommend I just go and list everything as a lot?  I basically have

1) Seven original boxes that would have actually sold the baseball cards and gum packs (and they're all full of baseball cards)

2) I have three big boxes of cards with dividers to separate everything in alphabetical order.

3) The first of the seven (see #1) is Donruss and appears to be from 1990.  The remaining 4 of seven are also Donruss, but I don't know the age yet.  Probably around the same time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Barb

Please use plain text.
Community Member

1990 Donruss was one of the most mass produced cards.  If all cards are similar, not worth listing. Do a search for completed auctions on some of your cards to see if they have sold. The boxes that hold the cards are worth more than the cards.

Please use plain text.
freezebreath
Community Member

by the pound....or if you get real lucky you can pawn all of them off onto some other sucker at once and only loose a few bucks or break even

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hi,  The best way to sell Baseball Cards is to use a site that doesn't charge exorbitant fees.  2 that I've found are http://www.craigslist.org or http://www.showcasecollect.com .

Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Well a couple of points.

I have been dealing in sports cards for a while now and I have to second the statement about the cards are worthless. I will not deal with these years unless they are stars or unopened complete years and even then with some reservation. The shows I attend nobody has these to sell or trade which speaks volumes.

If your going to sell them on ebay your not going to make a lot on them. It all depends on how much you spent on them in the first place, if you don't mind me asking. I would be able to better give you Some idea if I knew how much you spent.

Kirk, I want to tell you of the Klingon proverb that say "Revenge is a dish best served cold"...... It is very cold in space.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Go to beckett.com and price what u have.They will give u a low price and a high price

Please use plain text.