eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
Community Member

NEW eBay "Selling Assistant" consignment program!!

Ever heard of the eBay "Selling Assistant" program? Me either.  Until today when I was enlightened by Ina Steiner of EcommerceBytes.com

She said eBay is pilot testing a "pick up service" using an eBay van that works with eBay Trading Assistant consignment sellers to sell the items. Great news!

Here's the full story.

"eBay Dips Toe in Consignment Selling"

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y13/m01/i04/s01

Linda

Advertise your eBay business for free!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: NEW eBay "Selling Assistant" consignment program!!

in reply to consignmentpal

Just wondering if this people will truly read through this and think gee...why am I being charged more than 25% commission?  Ebay will have to forever subsidize those companies unless they can weed out the carp.  Thanks for sharing!

Please use plain text.
remodel4ever
Community Member

I am the office manager and a representative of shorty's resale warehouse located in Port Clinton, Ohio. We buy, sell, and trade using Craigslits, our personal e commerce site and of course eBay. We have a large warehouse of product and occasional hold auctions in our auction house we have here on our property. We also deal in consignment. I have recently found the TA account and would like to use this setup to help with our business. Problem being we just begun to capitalize on eBay and have only been selling for close to 2 months, because of that I have not got the 100 star rating. Is there anything we can do? I have a really large estate account coming up next week. Our client, and us would like to use this feature, what can I do to get this restriction lifted if anything?

Please use plain text.
silveradotrading
Community Member

Hi Remodel,

You really dont need to be an official TA to sell on consignment for others as you know since you mentioned doing it already. And to tell you the whole truth....the program will not benefit you one bit more than you are doing now. 

Those of us that have been here a while (we have been in the program over 10 years - this is not my TA selling ID), know that the program has all but been abandoned by ebay. A fellow that just took over the program at ebay has poked his head in to say hello, and that he will see what he can do on his end to improve the program, but ebay has not done much for the program in the last 5 years. 

As a matter of fact, if you read the other thread about it, ebay has started a consignment program of their own that may just compete against us. So now its a wait and see.

Good luck with your business in the new year and feel free to ask questions if they arise. 

Please use plain text.