eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member
Accepted Solution
Problem with Turbo Lister Updates

I download the Turbo Lister updates successfully, and attempt to install them, but get this error message.

"Turbo Lister upgrade failed to complete because Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Setup failed.  Please log in with a user with Admin privileges."

I have even downloaded a new full Turbo Lister and still the same?:smileyindifferent: error message.  I am logged on to Windows 7 as an Administrator.

?:smileyindifferent:

Any ideas?

Thank you, Brian 

Accepted Solution
jfortunes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to justmarriedsale

Ideas?   only to say that there are issues between TL and Windows 7. (but you know that)

here's the best advice I know:  Using TL contact Customer Support.  There are log files within TL that CS can access (with your help) that will help CS agents diagnose the problem.  Try to do this when you have a little time so that you will not be hassled with local interuptions..

TL > help (the one way at the top of the page) > contact customer support.

Also: we have been instructed that there are Windows updates on line at the MS update site which are specific to eBay.  (Your version of Windows7 may not have had the update(s))

When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity. . . . . John F. Kennedy
Other Answers: 9
steve-m30
Community Member
Answered

This works.

1.Close Turbo Lister

2.Right click the Turbo Lister desktop icon and pick "Properties".

3.Click on the "Compatibility" tab. Select "Run this program as an Administrator".

4.Click "Apply", then "OK".

Once that is done, you should then be able to update the program without receiving this error.

Community Member
Answered

I was having the same problem with updating TL, the instructions in this thread didn't work for me.  So I was looking on another forum and found another possible reason why it keeps happening, and the solution worked a treat!

Apparently it has to do with problems with later versions of C++ (which is part of all Windows PCs).  TL needs to run with XP version.

So what you do is, right click over the TL shortcut, select Properties, then Compatibility tab.  In Compatability Mode, check the box and change it to run in XP (Service Pack 2).  Try it again.

This way it will ensure that the application runs in a mode that pre-dates the C++ updates.

I reckon this might be a fix for other older programs, particularly on x64 machines.

Good Luck!!

Community Member
Answered

Thanks wholesalefindingsatl. I have W7 x64.  I wound up having to set compatability mode for Update.exe, Helper.exe and TL.exe.  The C++ error message went away after the first two, but Help/About was still showing the old version number.  After adjusting TL.exe, I could see the updater running and the program updated to the correct current version.

I have been living with the non-updating for nearly a year and just decided to track down the problem tonight.  This thread was perfect help.  Thanks - Howard

Community Member
Answered

Thanks wholesalefindingsatl.  your solution worked perfectly for me.  it is a big help.  thanks a ton.   i had to enable the compatibility settings for turbolister.exe and it did not work just with changing settings for update.exe.

thanks and regards,

wholesalefindingsjewelry
Community Member
Answered

Hello.  I had the same problem and I discovered a solution that worked for me.

1.  Navigate to C:\Program Files\eBay\Turbo Lister 2

1a.  If you are using Windows 7 x64, navigate into Program Files x86 to find the eBay folder.

2.  Right-click Update.exe and select Properties.  Click the Compatibility tab at the top of the window (2nd tab).

3.  At the bottom of the window is a spot for Privilege Level and a checkbox.  Check the box to run the program with administrative privileges.

4.  Click Apply in the bottom, right corner.  That will permanently run the program and administrator (until that checkbox is deselected).

5.  Inside the same folder, right-click on Helper.exe and follow steps 2-4.

You should be set after that.

bootmeister_1
Community Member
Answered

Yes changing the settings for update.exe, helper.exe AND tl.exe fixed the problem for me.

Thanks

net_collectors
Community Member
Answered

Hello everybody and sorry for my terrible english...

I have a problem running Turbolister on MS Windows 7 64 bits, it's something really weird when I'm in my item's list and copy one line (with CTRL + C, or copy with the mouse), Turbolister abruptly closes and show me an error in the "BEX event".

This happends only when I try to copy an article (duplicate option by mouse choice works good).  May be an

I reinstalled & updated my Windows 7 and Turbolister but this still happening.

Any idea what to do?

Thanks

Community Member
Answered

I'm having the same problem - only I am running Windows 8 - so I don't have the option to run in compatibility mode - or always run as administrator. Does anyone have any advice on how I can fix this for Windows 8?

cucubanoflorida
Community Member
Answered

Thank you, thank you.