Archive Tools & Apps
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

Creating and Adding to Collections not working today

Creating and Adding to Collections not working today

Has anyone experienced a problem today in either adding to or creating a collection?  If so, do you have a solution? Normally you just click on the "add to collection" icon near the top of any of your listings and you'll then see a pull down of available collections that you've created as well as the ability to create a new one.  Click or fill in as needed and submit and it's done.  Today when I click on it, nothing happens.  I don't see any announcement about an issue with this.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES

Re: Creating and Adding to Collections not working today

in reply to Feb 7, 2014 10:50:58 AM
asiaradiosales
Rising Star

Are you still expereincing the same thing?

Message 2 of 6

in reply to Feb 7, 2014 12:48:40 PM

Yes, I am.  It is still not working.  Any suggestions for getting tech support on this?

Message 3 of 6

in reply to Feb 10, 2014 6:29:43 AM
back2lifevintage
Adventurer

Same here, so frustrating, this causing major problems for me. Typical Ebay, the least they could do is make an announcement about it.

Message 4 of 6

in reply to Feb 10, 2014 8:36:46 AM

Thanks for your reply.  I think I figured it out.  When eBay first introduced the Collections I know a lot of sellers began creating them using their own listings.  It helped advertise our own products and promote sales.  Ebay must have changed that, or else it was a glitch all along.   Here's what I discovered a couple of days ago - if you go to someone else's listing and hove over the "add to a collection" icon, you will indeed be able to create a collection - with that seller's listing.   I am not sure why we would want to do that on our own profile page, but I believe that this change from being able to create from our own listings is not temporary.   I think this is the way eBay wants it.  I had plans for collections based on the theme of my store, but have pretty much given up that idea now.  I don't understand the reasoning, and don't see any information about this on eBay unfortunately.    If anyone has more information, it would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 6

in reply to Feb 27, 2014 11:32:53 AM

As of 2/26 I noticed I was able to add my own listings to my own collections once again.  I don't know if the opportunity will go away or not or if the last month has just been a gigantic glitch, but it's a wonderful feature that I hope we can continue to use.

Message 6 of 6