eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

mc999 ?

So I received a message with mc999 in my ebay messages. Dont know what it is, just states xxxViolation/Policyxxx... Then something about I do not know the Half.com user agreement(Wtf is half.com?) Should I just disreguard this message as I do with most of eBays non sense gibberish they spew?

Please use plain text.
nearlymintcollectibles_com
Community Member

Re: mc999 ?

in reply to snipinblackkid

So I received a message with mc999 in my ebay messages. Dont know what it is, just states xxxViolation/Policyxxx... Then something about I do not know the Half.com user agreement(Wtf is half.com?) Should I just disreguard this message as I do with most of eBays non sense gibberish they spew?

half.com is an ebay company. You can sell media items on it. You probably have a link to it somewhere on your homepage. You can list for free on half and pay only when it sells.  You probably inadvertantly listed something on it and forgot about it. You may have listed, for example, a DVD Batman with a certain UPC under another Batman DVD having a different UPC. That would give you an mc999 violation. When they find one, it gets removed and you get a warning.  You have to be exact when listing to be sure you DVD, VHS, SNES, or other item is listed correctly.  If you have high enough ratings your half listing will show up on ebay too. I have been told that half.com was named for the town, Half, where the main company is located. They thought it would be catchy, like everything is half price. Well, that's not true, but you can get real good deals. Last evening I bought my son 2 good movies he was looking for on from sellers on half.

I find it's mostly resellers buying to fullfill their orders when they can't find theirs. Can't say I haven't done it myself, but only on rare occasion, some do it all the time.  I wonder if they even have any stock.

Please use plain text.