eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member
Why do ebay pages load so slow now? Is there something i can change in preferences or settings to speed this up?

Ebays website format seems to have changed since the last time I used it, and now the pages load very slow.  When trying to scroll or search it takes forever for the pages to load.

Other Answers: 16
boothillsales
Community Member
Answered
in reply to esoxologist

I have a monster gaming computer, as fast as anything out there. I have a 30Gb cable connection, and I am fire-wired to the router. I have tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome, and the results are the same. There is a problem with eBay's website.

When I connect to a page, specifically a Marketplace page, I can HEAR my computer working to load the page. Scrolling is almost impossible. For a gaming computer to be working to load an eBay page indicates that there is a serious problem with the eBay interface, NOT the browser, NOT the connection, and NOT the computer.

EBAY, IF YOU'RE LISTENING, WHICH YOU SHOULD BE, PLEASE FIX THIS ANNOYING ISSUE!!!

IT IS, MOST DEFINITELY, HURTING YOUR SALES!!!

Thank you,

Troy Theisen

BoothillSales

Community Member
Answered
in reply to esoxologist

Ebay pages take FOREVER to load.  Seems like all the junk advertising they put on the right hand of the screen is gumming up the works.  That is the last part of the page to load and it goes very SLOOOOOWWWW.  It has become so tedious to do a search for ANYTHING since EVERY TIME you click your mouse to update or change a page you go back to having to wait FOREVER for the page to re-load again.  This is a mess.  Ebay has ruined what used to be a good website.  Maybe they don't want to fix it or business is so good a few complainers don't matter to them.  It has become way too annoying to spend much time on ebay as a buyer as the time to do a search has more than tripled with this current site.  Please don't tell me it's my computer.  Same nonsense on other computers too.  Why should it take 15 to 30 seconds to load a page???  Most other websites I use operate at lightening speed.

lds4me
Community Member
Answered
in reply to esoxologist

eBay must have hired the same people that set up the Obamacare website! Brillant, making changes just before the busiest time of the year for shoppers.

727shortie
Community Member
Answered
in reply to esoxologist

I am sorry to disagree yet I have the same slow page problem.I use firefox already,have called e-bay,my internet provider & driven everyone crazy.Then I paid $200 for over-night keeping & thorough check on my lap-top-ALL well there?! Anyone who fixes computers say they are always getting complaints about e-bay pages stopping mid-way & extra slow-&,that it IS e-bay.It stops me from buying a lot more than i would if it worked & as slow as sales are am thinking others feel the same way.E-bay has LOTS of work to do here!!!

Community Member
Answered
in reply to esoxologist

Too many popups and splashy advertisments are just killing eBays site. As a seller and paying eBay fees, which have steadily increased over the years, i should not have to be advertised to death and have everything bog down when I try to move from page to page

esoxologist wrote:

Ebays website format seems to have changed since the last time I used it, and now the pages load very slow.  When trying to scroll or search it takes forever for the pages to load.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to esoxologist

same here with IE and Firefox.

have tried everyting and i is definitely an ebay problem.

very frustrating experience to shop on ebay.

hopeless managenent.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to esoxologist

Thank goodness some others are experiencing sloww pages. I thought my computer was infected or something and have run snti-spam, virus protection & everything I could think of to try and eliminate a 'bug' but it seems to be an ebay problem and not as 'ritacumins'  has put on here a problem with my system. My system has not changed and is as up to date as can be.

COME ON EBAY - SORT THIS OUT!!!!!!

Community Member
Answered
in reply to esoxologist

It is an ebay issue. Would be nice to have an answer from ebay.  Ebay site is quite buggy for such a large company.  Very disappointed with the direction ebay has been going over the past several years.

maregina
Community Member
Answered
in reply to esoxologist

I've used chrome and firefox in a new computer with good connection and Ebay is super slow, the bidding pages never load :robotsad:

sunnysouth1
Community Member
Answered
in reply to esoxologist

What browser are you using? I was using IE and then switched to Firefox. Things are much faster now.

Sunny

"If the world were ruled by women then there would be no war… just a couple of nations not talking with each other."

ritacummins
Community Member
Answered
in reply to esoxologist

The problem is with your system.   it is either your computer, your browser, your server - it is not with Ebay.

Switch your browser to Firefox, clean up your computer, see if that helps.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to esoxologist

Slow for me too... definitely not user friendly please fix asap

aarontwhitehead
Community Member
Answered
in reply to esoxologist

I have the same issue.  My computer loads everything else super fast including youtube, but Ebay is eerily slow and sluggish

dunstun365
Community Member
Answered
in reply to esoxologist

Yes the same here Ever since they changed the layout , pages were  sometimes too slow on chrome but other times better. Now on firefox & a bit better but there"s  much  more advertising on the pages so still slower than many other sites.

dunstun365
Community Member
Answered
in reply to esoxologist

I just used CCleaner a few mins. ago which is v good because it cleanes all your browsers you have instauled in one go. I logged back in to ebay on a laptop (windows XP 512MB Ram)  4kps  net connection & is much better, scrolles smoothly & pages load much faster. so cleaning your browser history, cookies etc.must be the answer

simon_jc
Community Member
Answered
in reply to esoxologist

So many people are compalining about this. I can tell you it is most likely a browser compatibility bug. Very unlikely the users fault.