eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
What retailers sell eBay Gift Cards ?

3 retailers that used to sell them have stopped because of the Paypal stipulation.

Accepted Solution
mr_lees_deals
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hekk1

Don't know, the supermarkets and drug chains here seem to have stopped as well, NY Metro area. At least when I bother to look, which is not very often.

LC

“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
Other Answers: 6
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hekk1

Finally got an answer - Kroger and Safeway are the ONLY 2 current national retailers.

No doubt, if you didn't HAVE to get a Paypal Acct,, you could get them ANYWHERE.

Ebay/PayPal's MANDATORY Acct. policy on Gift Cards is clearly counter-productive, imo.

They can't seem to get enough revenue...just like the GOVERNMENT.

mr_lees_deals
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hekk1

eBay owns PayPal

eBay does not have to sell gift cards but they do.

eBay does not process payments, PayPal does.

So what good is an eBay gift card if Bay cannot process it?

It's not a debit or credit card that merchants can accept.

Ergo, they require PayPal for redemption.

Can't use an Amazon, Sears, LL Beane, Barnes and Nobel, etc gift card anywhere other than on their sites, can you?

LC

“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
mrsmtn
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hekk1

Do you understand that no one is forced to use PayPal --- even sellers -- to use eBay?  So that's not the reason  They have been pulled from most retailers because of fraud and theft.

22shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to hekk1

Finally got an answer - Kroger and Safeway are the ONLY 2 current national retailers.

?:smileyindifferent:Where did you get this info? ?:smileyindifferent:

Community Member
Answered
in reply to hekk1

Actually my store that pulled them?

I noticed they recently started selling ones for The River-don't know if it's a coincidence or not-they never sold them before...?

Community Member
Answered
in reply to hekk1

See here: http://giftcard.ebay.com/

It appears they have been pulled from retail outlets (in my area anyway) and can only be bought by going to the link above.

There have been several recent posts regarding this so I went to a store that I knew sold them, they had none so I asked why. I was told they weren't allowed to sell them anymore, sorry.