eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member
I have pop up ads from amazon for the first time ever on my listings-How to get rid of them?

I asked this on another board and a nice ebayer looked at my listings and said they could not see them, but I still can.  I also looked at a couple other ebay seller's listings and they have the pop-up ads too.  For the first time ever on ebay I noticed them this morning on my main photos on most of my listings. (reads: "see simular" in the bottom left corner and is from amazon.)  It is messing up my photo gallery on the listings. Some do not enlage and some photos will not even click on and is even causing a "grey over" on the page.  Does anyone know if this is new to ebay (how obtrusive!) or how to get rid of them?  I have not downloaded anything new on my computer for months.

Other Answers: 3
pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered
in reply to mattiered1

Amazon is a competitor for eBay

You really don't think eBay is putting their competitor's ads on their listings, do you?

In other words, your computer is infected.

Run FULL malware scans!

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
Community Member
Answered
in reply to mattiered1

Popups are controlled by your browser, check it and set the popup blocker to stop this.

Site Map at bottom of every eBay page can be your best eBay friend!
lees*caps
Community Member
Answered
in reply to mattiered1

You have your answers already, but I just wanted to mention that in your listing you have at the bottom of your description that you ship only to the 'lower 48'.

That isn't going to mean anything.

You need to go to your exclusions settings, under 'site preferences' and click on Alaska, Hawaii, Protectorates & Territories and APO/FPO because you don't like Americans even though you use the Postal service for delivery to the 'lower 48' which is no different that the rest in effort or cost.

In order to succeed, you have to learn the rules of the game
and then play it better than anyone else.

Einstein learned it from me.