eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Merry Christmas

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
I can no longer display ebay pages properly using Internet Explorer 9 nor the latest Google Chrome Version 22.0.1229.96 m. Please Help?

I can no longer display eBay pages properly using Internet Explorer 9 (64 bit and regular 32 bit) nor the latest Google Chrome Version 22.0.1229.96 m. My operating system is Vista Home Premium service pack 2 64 bit.

All was fine till last week when all of a sudden I could no longer see the pages properly. eBay logo is missing, I see some pictures but all is overlapping and links not working. I have been dead in the water not being able to use eBay and have tried almost everything to fix it. Uninstalled Chrome, re installed  did the same for Java. Looked into plugins, I need for this to work as soon as possible so please , any solid ideas and help would be very appreciated. I tried so many forums and searches, so far no luck. Thanks.

Other Answers: 1
clever_never
Community Member
Answered
in reply to brendaphilpott

Did you change anything on your computer a week ago?

Check your firewall settings, and make sure that it is not blocking ebay somehow.

Upgrade your Adobe Flash Player in order to use the Standard Uploader.
If you're trying Standard uploader, try Basic uploader instead, and vice versa.

If you're using a recent version of Internet Explorer, use the 'tools' menu to turn on compatibility mode.
see if that works.

Log out of eBay, then use your browser's tools menu to clear cache, cookies, and browsing history.

Also, use the tools menu to make sure popups and javascript are enabled.

Try another browser.

It's always a good idea to have another browser available for just such situations.

They're all very similar in layout and functionality, and if you know how to use one, it's easy to learn to use others.

Here are the browsers eBay recommends:   

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/browser.html