eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
I accidentally 'bought' too many things and I can't cancel the buying?

Well I let my mom use my ebay account, and she kept on clicking on something to buy the item and accidentally said she'd buy too many! She doesn't want to buy that many and I don't know how to cancel the transactions. Help ._. We're new to ebay.

Accepted Solution
simba6
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cabr2163

All you can do is ask your sellers to let you out of the sales. They don't have to  and have already been charged fees for those sales.

Ebay is an auction house not a game. You need to pay for those items you purchased.

Other Answers: 8
cabr2163
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cabr2163

She said that she kept clicking to buy it because her debit card would not process. Now she has 6 of the same item in my cart. I think she was just confused?

It'd be nice if you all would just help me. 
She was confused, I don't blame her, so stop telling me I'm faking -_-

janet9988
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cabr2163

READ EVERYTHING HERE..........http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/basics.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-rules-overview.html

HERE IS SOME OF WHAT IT SAYS.........

Rules about bidding and paying

You can't bid on items, or use eBay at all, if you have false contact information on your account.unpaid item policy

Buyers and sellers need to be able to get in touch with each other, and we need to be able to get in touch with them.

You must pay for any item you buy.

Many of the items on eBay are sold in an auction-style format where you can make bids. Bidding is a lot of fun, but remember that each bid you make is a binding contract to buy the item if you win. The same is true for Buy It Now purchases. Not paying for an item after you have agreed to buy it has some negative consequences, which are explained in our

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~all the info that you need to read is here....
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/overview.html
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cabr2163

Being new is NOT an excuse here on ebay.  There is way too much info ebay gives buyers and sellers so we stay informed.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to purchase on ebay by accident.  You have to click TWICE in order to purchase something.

Contact the seller(s) and POLITELY ask them is they would be willing to cancel.  BUT , they DO NOT have to cancel anything.  Just so you are aware.

When you signed up you AGREED to the terms of buying on ebay.  One of those terms was following through with a sale and honoring your obligations.

READ, and RE-READ what is and is not acceptable buying behavior on ebay before you purchase or bid again.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to cabr2163

Here's how it works on e-Bay:  YOU bid / YOU win / YOU Pay!!!! TA-DAH! Problem solved!:-D

Y'all come back now y'hear?
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cabr2163

Now drop the "accidentally" routine.  You bought what you bought.

Didn't your mother teach you to be responsible for your actions?  So do it.  Pay for what you bought.

"Ignorance is no excuse. Unless I'm wrong."
cabr2163
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cabr2163

So if I don't get let out of the transaction, I get strikes?

Community Member
Answered
in reply to cabr2163

"She said that she kept clicking to buy it because her debit card would not process."

Nonsense.  You don't use your debit card to "Buy it Now".

The only answer is the original one.  Either get the seller to let you off the hook, or pay.

And don't let your Mom use your account.  As of now she has just about killed it.  You are set to get a one year ban with 6 Unpaid Item Strikes.

"Ignorance is no excuse. Unless I'm wrong."
Community Member
Answered
in reply to cabr2163

There is no such thing as “Accidently” bidding, when you bid this is what you will see

Whenever you press  the "COMMIT TO BUY" button....

Ebay warns you before pressing the button by stating this....

By clicking the Commit to Buy button, you are committing to buy this item from the seller.

Commit means to bind or obligate, as by pledge or assurance; pledge: to commit oneself to a promise; to be committed to a course of action. This means that the Seller isn’t obligated to cancel your bid/buying. And if you don’t pay this is what can happen:

Buyers have up to 4 days to pay, and on the 4th day the Sellers can file a UPI (unpaid Item) against the buyer, and if they haven’t paid on the 8th Day (Giving them 4 more days to pay), after that the Seller can close the Case and Gives the buyer a STRIKE, Getting 2 Strikes and the buyer will have a hard time Bidding or buying on line cause most Experience Sellers will have their Seller's preferences to BLOCK all Buyers/bidders who has 2 more more strikes-and those strikes stays on the buyers account for a Year, so they would have a whole year of having a hard time purchasing anything on Ebay, REMEMBER this-YOU bid, YOU win, YOU Pay!!! This will keep YOU out of trouble or Strikes. Hope this answers your questions