eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How to safely buy a car on Ebay from private party who accepts to ship it (my cost) and pay him before actually receiving the car?

Just as I described, I want to buy a car on Ebay from a private seller who has a good reputation, but it needs to be shipped, what protection can I use to pay him and not get ripped off?

Other Answers: 4
leo*spride
Community Member
Answered
in reply to boulonman

Below is eBay's link regarding escrow services... proceed with caution:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/escrow.html

Graciously Grin When You Growl
tbri5456
Community Member
Answered
in reply to boulonman

Just curious ?

it is not dealerships in you area , or ads in the local paper about cars for sale

Something for  you to see what are you getting before given you money away     -or-maybe  e-bay cars in your area  that you can check

who accepts to ship it (my cost) 

of course it will ship,more money in his packet....................

cute.shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to boulonman

"safely buy a car" -- and -- "seller to ship it"

NOT EVER going to happen!

I would NOT even consider using ebay's approved escrow company.  DO YOU REALLY want the expense (out of your pocket) to ship the car BACK if what you receive is a pile of junk?

THINK

Do not buy a car that you can personally (with your mechanic) inspect before handing over any money.

leesballcaps
Community Member
Answered
in reply to boulonman

Why would you even consider... Oh, never mind. Good luck.

The opinion given here is my understanding of the policies I have read, and personal experiences on eBay. You paid nothing, feel free to value it based on that price if you wish.