eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member
How do I stop pop up ads they are not helpful and are very annoying

While searching for items of my liking, every page I open has a pop up add on the bottom.  I do not like it at all.  Not only are they pushing products that have nothing to do with what I am searching for they are very annoying. Please remove them immediately from my account

Other Answers: 9
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jdinokstate

After investigating, I found out what my issue was.  I use google chrome and I found an app in my extensions call price peep.  I did not add this to my computer it just suddenly appeared. That is what has been causing the pop ups on the bottom of my ebay page.  So if this is suddenly happening to you where ads are appearing each time you open a item to look at on ebay and you use Google Chrome go to your extensions in settings and uncheck the box and then delete the mysteriously added program and the issue will stop.

fashionsandbeauty4u
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jdinokstate

There is no one here in the Answer Center that works for eBay, so we are unable to make changes to your account. You could try using a browser such as Firefox with the AdBlocker app. You can run a free virus scan such as Avast, and a free malware scan with Malwarebytes. Often people who use Facebook reports problems with more pop ups. But there are programs out there to block all that.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to jdinokstate

jdinokstate

As others have said, you can control pop-ups from your computer.

If you do not know how to do this, post the name  and version of the browser that you are using here and someone will help you do it.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to jdinokstate

While searching for items of my liking, every page I open has a pop up add on the bottom.  I do not like it at all.  Not only are they pushing products that have nothing to do with what I am searching for they are very annoying. Please remove them immediately from my account

ruths_dream
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jdinokstate

If You have a pop up blocker on your comp set it to block the pop ups.....

Life Is A One Time Offer,
Use It Well.
jkne7288
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jdinokstate

remove ad's tool here - http://right-coupon.com/uninstall.html

Community Member
Answered
in reply to jdinokstate

It is Malware get a free Malware removel software this will solve this problem

Community Member
Answered
in reply to jdinokstate

how do i stop pop ups on ebay

into_beauty
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jdinokstate

These pop-ups have nothing to do with ebay. I had them & was very annoyed. Finally, I checked the names of suspicious programs via my Control Panel & saw something called Whilokii. I uninstalled this & Voila, no more annoying pop-up ads covering half my screen. Try it. My virus scans did not find it.