eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
gratefulbear1223
Community Member
How do I get rid of the annoying "switch to mobile site" pop up that keeps popping up on my iPad?
I started getting an annoying "switch to mobile site" pop up on my eBay today. It pops up with every page change. I HATE the mobile site page and have been using the classic page on my iPad for over a year. This started today and it is annoying as hell. I have to close this black strip ever time I look at a page. Is there a fix? also why do you make it so hard to talk to someone live instead of running them in circles. Amazon has a number you can call and they will call you back or either you can call them and wait.
Other Answers: 13
Community Member
Answered
in reply to gratefulbear1223
Guess all we can do is keep posting about HOW FREAKIN' ANNOYING IT IS and hope that someone from eBay is reading these posts.
pmjones
Community Member
Answered
Ditto here. Most annoying iPad popup EVER. Are you listening, eBay? This is not helping us.
Community Member
Answered
Go to "tell us what you think" on the bottom left of an ebay page. In the comment section tell them how stupid the pop-up is and click submit. Then go back to previous page and click submit again and then do it again. I just did it for an hour straight. I'm kind of getting the hang of it, think I will do it for 2 hours tomorrow. How many pop-ups can you send Ebay?
dlarkins7
Community Member
Answered
RE: *** SWITCH TO MOBILE SITE ***. *** SWITCH TO MOBILE SITE ***.

I wrote them the following. I wish I knew how to code a way to just keep looping this to them 24 x 7 x 365

PLEASE FIRE THE CODERS and THE DEPARTMENT HEAD.

"WHO's brilliant idea,was it to code in WITHOUT an OPTION to flag on/off the "Switch to Mobile Site ?

I mean GALACTILY and COLLECTIVELY STUPID, to have this "MORE THAN ANNOYING, MOSTLY, SOME OF THE WORST CODING EVER IMPLEMENTED"

Get rid of it NOW ! We und users (Buyers/Sellers) are the ONLY reason EBAY exists. Or has your ignorant and condescending Board of Directors, Officers, Coders, Management, and everyone FORGOTTEN that WE pay your salaries ?

Man, you're so friggin' stupid, it's unreal......
Community Member
Answered
I agree. I prefer the desktop site on my iPhone. I just like the additional information provided. Hope it goes away like yesterday's news.
Community Member
Answered
Add me to the complaint list. I HATE the mobile app and I HATE the mobile site. Thats stupid black bar ruins the browsing experience on my ipad and has made me look elsewhere for my purchases.
ulladesigns
Community Member
Answered
Totally agree, hope they get rid of the pop up and give an option to to it up in my ebay pages. I already tried to use the ebay ap and it is just too difficult, it also keeps ringing next day yesterday's bids, totally annoying.
prairie_deals
Community Member
Answered
If it helps, add me to the list of disgruntled users..
Does anyone know if complaining here will do any good?
Does eBay look at or care about members wishes?
Community Member
Answered

I have posted this question twice already.  You would have to be a complete idiot to not know there is a mobile site.  Hopefully it will go away soon.

grdngrowr
Community Member
Answered
I prefer the classic site also. The pop up is very annoying and distracting! I'm smart enough to know how to switch if I want to, without the constant prompting!
Community Member
Answered

The silly thing keeps popping up here as I try to figure out how to kill it.   I believe it is stalking all tablet user who refuse to be "mobile".    

Please Ebay kill it before it  destroys our will to shop.

Community Member
Answered
Add me to the list of complaints. Ebay really needs to quit changing things. Most people know how to go to the mobile site if that is what they wanted in the first place. Work on improving the app and maybe more people will use it!
Community Member
Answered

When you do get someone on the phone they are usually clueless anyway, so don't hold your breath for that...