The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.
Meet other eBay Community members who share your interests and passions.
Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!
The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers
The single source of information for new and professional sellers
Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.
on 08-10-2011 01:52 PM
There is a small "hide activities" link to the bottom right of the watching, last viewed and recent searches. So at least you can hide them.
on 08-10-2011 01:47 PM
Unfortunately, there's no way on eBay to do it.
If you use the Firefox web browser, you can install the AdBlock plug-in and eliminate it and advertisements.
on 03-20-2013 03:49 PM
1) Go to the home page aka "www.ebay.com"
2) on the bar "My Feed" on the bottom
3) click on "featured"
4) there should by two boxes, recently viewed and recent searches. each box should have a clear button to clear your history.
on 03-09-2013 03:49 PM
I think I actually found away to clear Recently viewed items? I clicked on something and I did not know what it was and then it showed up everywhere.
- - If you click the large colorful "ebay" name then
click on "my feed". Then there is a button labeled
"Recent searches" with the word "clear" next to it. You can then "x" out whatever photo you do not want to show up.
I just found this out so hopefully it does work.
on 12-19-2013 03:06 AM
THIS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN DO IT (SO-LONG WINDED AND RUBBISH BY EBAY, YOU WOULDNT THINK THEY WERE ONE OF THE BIGGEST WEBSITES IN THE WORLD, THEY CANT EVEN COME UP WITH A SIMPLE 'CLEAR ALL' BUTTON. SHODDY AND AMATEURISH):
- Go to the eBay.co.uk homepage
- Click on "My feed" tab-like option
- You'll then see a "Edit" button at the centre of the page under My feed
- Click this "Edit" button and it will load a list of items to follow at the right
- Click green "Follow" button for any one of the items from the "Suggestions for you" at the right
- This will add the search in your Interests, click on "My feed" tab-like option again to go to the My feed page
- Now, the My feed page will show the sections for "Recent searches" & "Recently Viewed" items
- To clear, just click on "Clear" link at the right of the section heading and both the sections can be cleared individually
- Once cleared, you can click on "Edit" button at the right of "My interests" section to remove the search you had followed initially
- Hover your mouse over the interest thumbnail(image) and then click Orange "Unfollow" button to remove this from your interests
on 09-04-2013 04:17 PM
It's in an odd place but I found it.
1. Click on ebay just under your sign in name
2. Click on "Featured" (yeah real obvious here... sheesh!)
3. Scroll down to the "Recently Viewed" portion (down past "Recent Searches)"
4. Look for the "Clear" or "See All" at the bottom of the items shown
5. Click on the "Clear"
on 07-06-2012 10:01 AM
If I view something at home on my personal ebay site the next day at a different location on a different computer and call up my business ebay site which is different than my personal site there will be my last item looked at on my personal site and no matter how many items I view on the business site the last item viewed on my personal web site will not go away. This can be embarrassing so the only solution appears to be never shop on personal ebay site and shop only on Amazon.
on 02-12-2013 03:52 PM
The following comment applies even though on all computers involved, I have chosen NOT to allow automatic sign-in. I do this for privacy reasons but then e-bay still floods the e-bay home page with stuff that I've been looking at.
Has e-bay even considered that one of the most popular uses of e-bay is for buying gifts? My partner always knows what I'm buying her because she can't visit e-bay without been shown every item I've looked at. E-bay does not believe in surprises or romance.
Plus this stinks for privacy. I look at some lingerie at home before valentines day, and then I come in to work and my boss asks me to buy a keyboard. What pops ups on e-bay home page? A bunch of naked ladies. Great thanks!
I suggest 2 things:
1) ability to opt out of this kind of marketing in my preferences.
2) do not show the items if the person is not signed into e-bay.
on 10-04-2012 12:27 PM
Call ebay and complain...886-540-3229. I noticed the same thing on my buddys PC, everything I search is on his ebay page before he even signs in..I guess this will change when they get slapped with a lawsuit.
11-26-2013 04:30 AM - edited 11-26-2013 04:31 AM
I have tried following the above advice, but on ebay.co.uk there is no 'clear all' button.
I am now stuck with a recent searches full of xmas presents - they even show up on the front page when I'm not signed in!
Any advice? It is driving me mad, and ebay haven't bothered to reply to the three messages I have left regarding this. I hate website who 'tinker' with things and make them far worse than they were before.
The only other option I can see is to not use ebay.
on 08-17-2013 10:00 AM
02-04-2014 12:13 PM - edited 02-04-2014 12:14 PM
I couldn't find a way on co.uk to disable/delete the featured items- I couldn't look at any items as they showed even if not signed in. Why no settings to clear the page or not show any?!!
Right click over 'Featured' and click 'view page info'
Refresh page F5
I hope this helps
on 12-02-2013 07:25 PM
on 08-10-2011 02:03 PM
That does work, but if someone wants to see the items, they can unclick it just as easily.
How about a desktop icon to your My eBay page?
on 12-03-2013 01:14 AM
I too find myself in the same situation.I have spoken to ebay customers services and they confirmed that there is no facility to delete you recent seaches.
How insane !
on 07-21-2013 02:11 AM
On Home Page go to "My Feed" and then click EDIT.
Your saved Feeds will be itemised.
You can then click "Unfollow" and voila you're done!!
on 03-19-2014 02:32 PM
When logged in, and on the home page, on the left side of the page there is a Recent Searches list and a Recently Viewed list, each with a Clear right next to them. If you clear them, then sign out, your recently viewed items are no longer displayed.
I see no way to clear these unless you are signed in. If you don't clear them, then even after signing out, your recently viewed items would still show up on home page, which just seems wrong. This does fix that.
on 06-26-2013 11:31 AM
At one point at the Ebay home page, each icon came up with a "clear" button on it. I cleared what I didn't want. I cannot repeat this now.
Another way is to search for 3-5 other items and this seems to at least move the unwanted item down further on the page and make it not so prominent.
Between these two things, the unwanted item appears to be gone now.