eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How can I get rid of the "Popular on eBay" ads on the right side of listings? They contain adult-only material and are NOT welcomed!!!

It seems lately that half of the "Popular on eBay" ads to the right side of listings are VERY adult-only material.  We do NOT want this trash in our home and find it highly offensive.  Please tell us how to get rid of this once and for all?

Other Answers: 3
leesballcaps
Community Member
Answered
in reply to kdeak1

Site preferences under the account tab on your my ebay page. Disable them.

The opinion given here is my understanding of the policies I have read, and personal experiences on eBay. You paid nothing, feel free to value it based on that price if you wish.
indydoxy
Community Member
Answered
in reply to kdeak1

Click on "ad choice" at the bottom right corner below the ad.  What pops up reads:

"In order to show ads tailored to your interests, eBay Inc. may use information about you, such as the content you view or the search terms you enter. You have the ability to opt out of these customized ads at any time.

We think these customized ads can help us improve your experience whether you are on eBay Inc. websites or anywhere else on the web.

If you decide to opt out of customized advertising, please keep in mind you'll still see ads, but they won't be tailored to your interests.

You can read more about our privacy policy or continue to AdChoice advertising preferences  to opt in or out of customized ads."

Hope this answers your question.

Before you criticize a person, walk a mile in their shoes
leesballcaps
Community Member
Answered
in reply to kdeak1

I meant to add, tell whoever is going to those pages in your home not to do that anymore, that you don't approve of that type of activity in your home.

The opinion given here is my understanding of the policies I have read, and personal experiences on eBay. You paid nothing, feel free to value it based on that price if you wish.