eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Happy Thanksgiving

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
Getting rid of coupon drop downs and wish list side bar??

The past week trying to list items on eBay has been extremely frustrating....how do I get rid of the coupon drop downs that keep appearing from some Zbiddy company or something??  And, the wishlist sidebars......how do I get them to go away also?   This, coupled with the new format problems has taken the fun (and profits) out of eBay for me!! 

Accepted Solutions: 2
glenda
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bookscheryl52

Followup:

If indeed it is "ZBiddy" then I suggest you run a virus check on  your computer.  ZBiddy is a penny auction site which would be in competition with eBay and unlikely anything eBay would be promoting.

glenda
Community Member
Answered

Hi bookscheryl52

If you call eBay - Customer Support > Contact eBay > Sell > Report Technical or Site issues > they can at least take you out of the beta Sell form (presuming that is the "new format" you're talking about)..

Whether they are doing the Zbiddy thing and the coupons or whether you've picked up a virus, I don't know.

Other Answers: 7
Community Member
Answered

Actually it is not a virus. I am getting the same exact thing. There is a little blue drop down ribbon in the top right of my explorer page and it only appears when I am on ebay.

It is really starting to tick me off as it is a sensitive area when you drag the scroll bar it accidentally gets triggered every 5 secs and this stupid pop up ad that takes up precious memory appears and starts talking through the speakers..... Ebay you better fix this problem pronto b/c you just sold your soul to the advertisers if you allow shenanigans like this to happen to veteran ebayers like ourselves.

Completely atrocious and offensive I might add.

Community Member
Answered

I'm seeing that the common response to this issue is to check for malware, and that's always a good thing to do.  But my computer scanned clean - the culprit turned out to be an addon bar that some other program I'd installed added to FireFox.

In my case it was the "iObit Toolbat" (it's a spammy piece of crap, I recommend never using it) but I'm sure there are other toolbars that this company arrangements with.  Once I uninstalled that the "coupons" drop down menu was gone.

Conclusion: Check your browser addons, too.

chuckles79
Community Member
Answered

I looked in my Add/Remove Programs and found Yontoo and on investigating, I found that it is what put the coupon drop downs on my ebay, Toys r Us and Amazon searches. Once I removed the program, I no longer saw it on the page

rosie0331
Community Member
Answered

Run a spyware/malware check as well as the virus check suggested by Glenda.

Photobucket

Woof! Woof!
pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered

Ebay you better fix this problem

Nope.

zbiddy is a competitor of eBay.

eBay is NOT putting that popup on your screen.

In addition to reading the other suggestions about checking for malware, uninstalling rogue programs, and practicing safe surfing, you should stop visiting the pRon sites ... who knows what they dropped on your hard drive!

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
Community Member
Answered

started for me in april with the same sony ad over and over intermittently in ebay. cannot close it, it closes itself. then pops up in a few minutes. cannot even move it. I called ebay the helper said its some sort of cookie clean the cookies. i did. and it happened again 7 minutes later. sigh.  (properties says ddni something vaio_teaser.htm dated april 2012)

Community Member
Answered

i uninstalled ddni service oasis 2 program.  from readings on the net i think this will help. y'all should see if u have this as well.