eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
From "Quick Listing Tool" to "Advanced Tool"?

Is there a way to change the editing format a listing that's already listed from "Quick Listing Tool" to "Advanced Tool"?

Other Answers: 8
Community Member
Answered
in reply to alfaboxcorp

Looks like the answer is "no." and ebay decided it was better just to ignore us than say so (and maybe even work on a fix).

Looks like the only way is to cancel and relist choosing the advanced tool. PITA.

mosububu
Community Member
Answered
in reply to alfaboxcorp

This was convoluted, but it worked for me.

First I ended my listing for the item.

Then I went back to my eBay and under "Sell" I selected "Unsold"

I selected the item i had just ended.

In the pop up window I selected "Save For Later"

At the top of the next window I selected "Change to Advanced Tool"

On the next window you can start over completely or select the item you had listed in Quick mode.

Hope this helps….may have missed a step, if so i'm sorry !

Community Member
Answered
in reply to alfaboxcorp

I am having the same issue; all the sudden one day I logged in to sell and it took me straight to the 'quick tool' - I DON'T WANT TO USE IT. The link for switch to advance tool is not working and I have not gotten ANY responses from ebay. They are quick to do anything when it comes to money so maybe I should offer them a cash bonus if they fix this feature for me.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to alfaboxcorp

Mine are doing it automatically. I'm creating in Quick Listing, saving, when I go back to edit I get a message that I had all ready edited in Advanced Tool. If I try to click back to Quick Listing, the listing is GONE!

Seems to be gramlins in the system from what I've been reading.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to alfaboxcorp

I was having this problem as well with a relisted item.  I could not get it to switch to the advanced listing tool.  I ended up finding a solution though:

When you're in the quick-list mode, you can "Save for Later." It's in blue in the upper right of the window.  Click that and then go back to 'My eBay.'  Once you're there, you should be able to continue working on any listing you've started in either quick or advanced mode.  

This worked for me a couple times.  It's definitely not as user-friendly as a simple button to click, but it's there.  Hopefully this will help out others as well.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to alfaboxcorp

I am actually looking for an answer to this also.  I DO NOT want to use the quick listing tool and I want it removed as an option.  I only want to use the advanced listing tool, but I can't get it to switch.  Can an ebay customer service rep answer issue this here?

Community Member
Answered
in reply to alfaboxcorp

Well, ;there seems to be no one at home at eBay who has an answer for this.  I believe the program does not currently allow to switch, and I hope they fix this. 

In my case, I used a quick listing to post my auction.  Then I realized I did not have a reserve set, but now I'm forced to relist the entire auction.

Please, please, somebody answer this OR change eBay to allow the switch "mid-stream".

thanks.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to alfaboxcorp

The whole quick listing and advanced listing thing really has me confused too. Sometimes I go to revise an item that was created in quick listing and it takes me right away into the advanced listing tool. I can click to revise the next item that was also created using quick listing and it will take me to quick listing.

The only solution I have found so far to be able to add features that are only available in advanced listing (such as listing upgrades) is to choose more than one item in your "all selling" screen and then click the "edit" button at the top to go into the "edit listings" table. You can add most of the same things there that you can do in the advanced listing tool by selecting the item and choosing options from the "edit" drop down box. You could not, however, choose to add a reserve price to an existing listing. I think you would have to end the item first and then start over. Ebay can be a little funny about what you can change about existing listings.