eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

yourgreatfinds
Community Member

adchoice

In my 15 years as a seller on eBay Adchoice takes the prize for the worst thing that eBay has done to us.  Adchoice is the most invasive use of your site for eBay interest. You are using prime space in my listings to navigate customers away from the listing that I paid for in a store that I pay for!!!! I do not list on eBay to sell Disneyland tickets! This is deplorable! For eBay to take customers from our listings to the sites of advertisers is a huge slap in the face!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: adchoice

in reply to yourgreatfinds

I don't like it either.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I find the advertisements by ad choice extremely disruptive to my item being sold and piggish by EBay Corporate. If EBay wants to sell advertising space then give sellers an opt in or opt out choice. If we opt in share the proceeds as Google does.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

yes....  I pay listing fee and they selling something in my listing.

even it is no relationship with my items selling.....

I do believe ebay will game over soon....

Please use plain text.
coketag
Community Member

This has been explained many times by eBay..........

You pay to list your item, but you "don't" own the page your listing is shown on. So they can put adds on the page, since eBay owns the actual page.

Think about this for a moment.............

If your potential buyers are "always" clicking that alternate link that takes them away from your selling page, then you need to do some work to keep them on and interested in your item. Your items page should be more interesting than that other link.

Just say'in...........

Please use plain text.