eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Power Seller College

Any body ever hear of these guys? They charge a substancial up front fee to teach you how to become a Power Seller.
Please use plain text.
goldieaz45
Community Member

Re: Power Seller College

in reply to ga-yankee
You can get Power Seller requirements through my dashboard and its FREE!

Then you need to TAKE ACTON and meet those requirements.

The scams they come up with...spend the time researching products, spend the money buying the products.

I'll pass on the 'consulting' READ & RESEARCH.
Please use plain text.
windchimeman1
Community Member

in reply to ga-yankee
First off, I am a power seller, and if I can do it anyone can especially since the standards have been lowered.

If these guys know how to make a lot of money on ebay why do they waste there time teaching.

I always say, "Those who can do. Those who can't, teach sex education."

Clay
Dare to dream, and then dare to begin
...God grant me the serenity
...to accept the things I cannot change;
...courage to change the things I can;
......and wisdom to know the difference
“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
"Good luck and bad luck even out over time, so if sales are slow, there will be sales soon."

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ga-yankee
LMBO Clay!

Yeah, I made PS without even trying. I honestly hope I dont keep it. (sounds strange I know...) but there is just too much riding on everything that goes along with it. And honestly, it has done nothing for the biz that I can see.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ga-yankee
All you need to know about ebay, can be learned right on the ebay site, for free
And if you have questions, posters on all these boards are very quick (and nice!!) to help.

Everytime I hear people talk about these "learn ebay" programs they bought, it's a rip off plain and simple
And most will also try to sign you up with a dropshipping company.

The best way to learn ebay, is to do ebay...start small and learn the ins and outs...please don't give your hard earned money to these people!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ga-yankee
LMBO Clay!

Yeah, I made PS without even trying. I honestly hope I dont keep it. (sounds strange I know...) but there is just too much riding on everything that goes along with it. And honestly, it has done nothing for the biz that I can see.

Why would you want to lose your PS status? I get 20% off my FVF by being a PS.... You -like- giving these crooks more money??

As to the 'power seller college'...

Sounds like they are selling crap. Just meet the requirements clearly spelled out and you are in...
Mike N

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ga-yankee
I actually did invest 3550.00 and this program has done alot for me if you are unsure on dropshipping or marketing this program gives you all the insight I have never been happier with it. I made my investment back and now using the dropshippers I am just raking in the cash. It just depends on what you are looking to accomplish if this is a hobby then keep your hobby. I on the other hand wanted another source of income and this gave it to me in weeks versus months. I don't put any money down for the products I sell and if it doesn't sell I market something else.
Their market research is top notch it tells you everything you need to know before even listing an item. Thats my two cents on powerseller college but it depends on how serious you are about what income or if this is another source of income you want to make!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ga-yankee
I actually did invest 3550.00 and this program has done alot for me if you are unsure on dropshipping or marketing this program gives you all the insight I have never been happier with it. I made my investment back and now using the dropshippers I am just raking in the cash. It just depends on what you are looking to accomplish if this is a hobby then keep your hobby. I on the other hand wanted another source of income and this gave it to me in weeks versus months. I don't put any money down for the products I sell and if it doesn't sell I market something else.
Their market research is top notch it tells you everything you need to know before even listing an item. Thats my two cents on powerseller college but it depends on how serious you are about what income or if this is another source of income you want to make!!

Hey if you are interested in power seller college I offer a great course, and I also got some swamp land for sale in Florida.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ga-yankee

You dont need college to become a powerseller, it happens by selling, not by schooling. It will happen eventually. A better college course might be how to avoid being ripped off and how to ship and insure and deal with problems.
The Beach Hut Bus

Eddy would go.. and so would I

Please use plain text.
superior-quality4less
Community Member

in reply to ga-yankee

$3550.00??? Oh My!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ga-yankee
$3500!!!????? for information you can find for FREE right here?

If you take the time, read everything you can find here on ebay, and even the discussion boards are great ways to find out about dropshipping, which ones are good, which ones are a rip off, you dont' need to spend any money, just time and research
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ga-yankee
I'd rather take that money, and invest it in inventory
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ga-yankee
I'd rather take that money, and invest it in inventory

Now thats a smart move!
The Beach Hut Bus

Please use plain text.
smithysplace-pgh
Community Member

in reply to ga-yankee
Not me, I'd just blow it on wine, wimmen,
and expensive camera lenses............;-)
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ga-yankee
Not me, I'd just blow it on wine, wimmen,
and expensive camera lenses............;-)

Now thats a smarter move!
The Beach Hut Bus

Please use plain text.
old*angler
Community Member

in reply to ga-yankee
I actually did invest 3550.00 and this program has done alot for me if you are unsure on dropshipping or marketing this program gives you all the insight I have never been happier with it. I made my investment back and now using the dropshippers I am just raking in the cash.

dartdiggler24 - if you post that with a selling ID that shows results backing up you claim, you might come across credible.

A 2 month old ID with one sale for $10 does not match well with your 'raking in the cash' statement.

If you find yourself in a hole the first thing to do is stop digging.
Please use plain text.
charmlinda
Community Member

in reply to ga-yankee
and expensive camera lenses............

Now your talking my language!
Michael J...

If you're talking, you're not listening....If you're not listening, you're not learning.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ga-yankee
and expensive camera lenses............

Now your talking my language!

So lets get this party started! Smithy!?
The Beach Hut Bus

Please use plain text.
smithysplace-pgh
Community Member

in reply to ga-yankee
My best lens fell off the north rim of the Grand Canyon
while doing a photoshoot there in '07.

Photobucket

My wife dropped the replacement...........:_|
Photobucket