eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution

plain box shipping from amazon

Is it true that Amazon will ship, in a plain box without logos or invoice?   Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
babylove80jr
Community Member

Re: plain box shipping from amazon

in reply to prospectorsam1849
Maybe that's something you should ask Amazon.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I('ve been an Amazon Prime member since the program started and make 75-100 purchases a year on Amazon.  AFAIK what you seek is not offered.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
gporpc
Community Member

in reply to fniguy22

Amazon is like eBay sellers, they sell and could care less what the buyer asks for.

Please use plain text.
duchess-at-speakeasy
Community Member

Plain box, no.  But Amazon will ship a "gift" without a priced invoice, just an itemized packing list that shows who has sent the "gift."

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess

To eBay, I think we hover somewhere between loathed, tolerated, and ignored.
Please use plain text.
lja440
Community Member

Mine pretty much always have their smile logo.

Please use plain text.
the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth
Community Member

in reply to lja440

Just know that it is a violation of Amazon rules to use a Prime account to dropship. If caught you will be permanently banned.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Thank you all for your answers.  I watched some videos on you tube with ths topic about plain brown shipping from amazon.  What the poster of the video was doing is trying to get Ebay sellers who use Amazon to buy their products using his so called link, what it does when you use his link, it connect you to Amazon, but amazon gives him or her a commission.  It was just a scam, used by an affilate of amazon.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Packages from Amazon at least are taped closed with Amazon logo tape.

Packages from Amazon sellers can be plain boxes or packages with NO logo.

There is a difference between buying from Amazon and its sellers.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Who said anything about using a Prime account to drop ship?

Where in the conversation was that stated or implied?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
babylove80jr
Community Member

I guess some posters are just trying to be proactive. From the question, it sounds like OP was looking to dropship from Amazon.
Please use plain text.
gporpc
Community Member

the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

Just know that it is a violation of Amazon rules to use a Prime account to dropship. If caught you will be permanently banned.

Shhh, keep it on the down low please

Please use plain text.
Community Member

OP, are you talking about Amazon Fulfillment?  If so, I still think they use their own boxes.

Please use plain text.
millcreekrescue909
Community Member

OP has another topic regarding selling on eBay and using Amazon to dropship to customers.

Always a newbie!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

When someone receives a commission as an affiliate it does not increase the cost to the buyer so their is no scam. 

The individual is providing a service if introduction and plain box wrapping so he or she should rightfully be compensated. 

Many large companies are selling items through Amazon and if a buyer goes to the manufacturers or wholesalers site they won't get a better price. That is because affiliates are valuable to a seller if they have superior marketing systems in place to drive traffic to an offer. A super affiliate is gold to the seller. Thanks for letting me think this through as I type! (LOL)

Please use plain text.
gporpc
Community Member

in reply to duchess-at-speakeasy

duchess-at-speakeasy wrote:

Plain box, no.  But Amazon will ship a "gift" without a priced invoice, just an itemized packing list that shows who has sent the "gift."

~~C~~

RE:

But Amazon will ship a "gift" without a priced invoice,

See, the biggies include one, who here wants to be like Amazon?

Dunn the packing slip and you will stay a little guy.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 541kelsey

541kelsey wrote:

When someone receives a commission as an affiliate it does not increase the cost to the buyer so their is no scam. 

The individual is providing a service if introduction and plain box wrapping so he or she should rightfully be compensated. 

Many large companies are selling items through Amazon and if a buyer goes to the manufacturers or wholesalers site they won't get a better price. That is because affiliates are valuable to a seller if they have superior marketing systems in place to drive traffic to an offer. A super affiliate is gold to the seller. Thanks for letting me think this through as I type! (LOL)

You are misunderstanding, I think. It would not be the buyer's loss, but it would be a circumvention or even a violation of the Amazon Associate program rules. From the post you responded to, it sounds like someone was trying to game the system or even outright cheat, collecting referral fees that do not serve the purpose of the program. In other words, it's not the buyer who is being scammed, but Amazon.

Please use plain text.
sparkstert
Community Member

in reply to thallidguy

Just curious if you have specific knowledge of a buyer being banned by AZ.. AZ suspends selling priveleges all the time, but not buying. They are not a marketplace venue like Ebay, they are more  like Target with a sell along program.

Please use plain text.
billy_biggle_fan
Community Member

in reply to sparkstert

Amazon sells for Target.

In fact, most of Amazon's business is providing online hosting services for other major companies to use for their online selling.

Please use plain text.
the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to sparkstert

Yes, there was someone posting on the Trust and Safety board a few months ago that had been permanently banned from Prime. I don't know if they were completely banned from buying there. I didn't ask for proof of course.

It is in their user agreement.

Please use plain text.