eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
i'm a seller how do I keep shipping cost down?

Being a seller how do I keep shipping costs down.

Other Answers: 3
rosie0331
Community Member
Answered
in reply to lisa5806dogs

A few tips:

Use the shipping calculator and make sure the information you enter is correct.

Scout out free shipping supplies - You can order free Priority Mail boxes, envelopes - all sorts of sizes and options - check out the USPS website.

Offer buyers a choice in services.

Print on-line postage.

Photobucket

Woof! Woof!
leapstarz
Community Member
Answered
in reply to lisa5806dogs

Do not estimate shipping. Use calculated shipping. UPS ground is fine for heavier items (over 11 pounds), but for those boots that weigh 2-3 pounds packaged, the cost is higher than USPS. Priority shipping boxes are free with USPS. UPS is much slower and you have to provide your own box. If your item fits, use the USPS regional rate box A when your item is over 2 pounds.

PS - If you want to sell those boots, at least put the brand in the title. Color, material, etc would help. Use all the spaces you're allowed in a title. And fill in the item specifics. No one will ever find them if they're just using specifics.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to lisa5806dogs

Ship using economy/the cheapest shipping.

Don't over package if not needed. (to keep shipping weight down) popcorn & bubble wrap weight a LOT less by volume than cardboad & crumbled paper/newspaper.

Good luck