eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Happy Thanksgiving

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
how do I change my shipping address after the transaction has gone through (approx 2 hours ago)?

I recently reactivated Ebay after 6 years. I've moved from California to Texas.  I entered my correct current address for the payment but overlooked the old address under shipping.  I just need to know how to correct this ASAP before I lose the money.

Other Answers: 5
Community Member
Answered
in reply to o0hyperballad0o

Contact your Seller asap. They need to ship to whatever address shows under your PayPal payment.

If it shows your CA address, they should refund your payment in full and let you pay again; this time when you checkout, make sure your payment shows the current EX shipping address. You can edit that address on the invoice during the checkout.

Community Member
Answered
My post adheres is 14 prominent place Queenstown in Adelaide s.a I did not do it right
ritacummins
Community Member
Answered

Contact your shipper before he packages the item, and make sure he has your correct address.

Community Member
Answered

Sorry, but I think you will be out a second round of shipping charges.  The USPS might forward this to your new address (if you have been getting mail forwarded before) but more than likely not.

I have been a seller where the PayPal "ship-to" address did not jibe with the new "bill-to" address of the buyer.  It went to the old address and it took forever to finally get sent back to me.  The buyer wanted me to send it again (with me footing the shipping charges a second time) I told her "no" and she would have to pay for the extra shipping charges.  She instantly filed a cancel bid report, but eBay ended up supporting me in the end.  As a seller, it was not my fault.  Additionally, I will not ship an expensive item to any other place than the PayPal "ship to" address.

Community Member
Answered

...you can also call the Seller to make sure they receive your Message.

Go to "Advanced" search, then left column click on Find Contact Information and enter the information to obtain their phone #.

It it's only been a few hours, you may be able to fix this before they ship.