eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
fedex shipping claims

A buyer received a damaged item shipped through Fedex.  I shipped fedex through ebay's site.

I'm trying to file a claim on the fedex site but it automatically lists the shipper as ebay in San Francisco rather than me.  Does anyone know if my account will automatically be credited if the claim is approved? 

Please don't post the fedex site "submit a claim" link for a response as i did a search on their site and it shows no results for "ebay" whatsoever.

I'd like to hear from someone who shipped fedex through ebay and has experience filing a damage claim please.

Thanks for reading this.  :smileysurprised:)

Other Answers: 1
artcapadv
Community Member
Answered
in reply to woohooo

If you purchase shipping through eBay's shipping tool on orders, all charges are made via their account which makes them the shipper on record.

I had to file a recent claim for a damaged item that was shipped using FEDEX, tried to have eBay customer service initiate the claim but their rep's tell you to contact FEDEX to file the claim.

Even if they assist, the likelihood that your claim will actually be filed is not very good, in my case I learned 3 days later that the item was not picked up by FEDEX and when I contacted their claims department, no claim had been filed.

FEDEX tried to send me back to eBay but I explained that I need to have this resolved immediately because the buyer was requesting a refund which I do not give until a claim has been paid.

The representative was nice enough to help me at that point, emailed me the claim form and now I am waiting for an actual claims representative to contact me.

From this point forward, I am going to just ship using my own FEDEX/UPS accounts rather than the automated systems provided by eBay unless they can allow me to link my shipping accounts with my eBay seller profile and store.