eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
does sorting complete, on my usps tracking info mean that the package is being delivered now??

saturday my tracking info said "arrival at unit" i know that usps doesnt ship on sunday so todays monday and im excited to get my package and i check the tracking info and instead of delivered it says "sorting complete" what does this mean?

Accepted Solutions: 2
karl*katz
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jermsherwood

You will probably receive your item today or tomorrow.

jackscurlock
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jermsherwood

Karl is correct and here is the long version.

That means that the packages have arrived on the trucks and have been sorted out into carts for the delivery routes. If the package has a barcode it is scanned as arrived at this time. When the clerk is done they put the scanner in the dock to upload the info; the system then shows the status online that it is complete.

The carrier for the route you live/work on will pick-up the packages after getting the rest of the mail ready for delivery and head out to the truck for delivery. Delivery of your package generally happens as the carrier gets to your address in the delivery sequence and scans the package as delivered. The "delivered" status will not show up until the carrier gets back to the office at the end of the day and places the scanner in the dock to upload the information.

Good luck

captjack

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead.
Other Answers: 2
karl*katz
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jermsherwood

It has been sorted to the correct delivery route but hasn't left the Post Office for delivery yet.

22shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jermsherwood

I usually see Out for delivery.