eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • FedEx One Rate

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
What to do when USPS has lost a package?

USPS lost a package I sent to a buyer. What should I do? The buyer contacted the post office and they told her the package was lost.

I plan to contact them myself in the morning.

Will I have to pay back the money to the buyer or does ebay cover this kind of stuff?

Thanks for any help.

Other Answers: 2
simba6
Community Member
Answered
in reply to go**accessorize**yourself

The seller has to refund the buyer when that happens.  It's up to the seller insure the package if they want.

centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to go**accessorize**yourself

Ebay is not in the insurance business. The cost will be expected to be covered by the seller (you). sorry

A "lost" package often shows up later. It may have been left in a mailbag that is not being used currently. I had a package returned to me last year that was lost over 6 months. If you mailed with tracking, just ask the USPS to download a "return to sender" notice on the number in their system in case it ever shows up.