eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
What does economy shipping mean?

I received a package today which I paid for June 7, 2013.  It took 10 days to get it to me.  I was charged $8.98 for shipped which I assumed would be priority mail.  It was not and the shipping was not near the $8.98 as posted on the listing to ship.  

It was sent "economy".  What does that mean?  

Other Answers: 6
fossil_diver
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dahnald

If the item you are talking about is the LARGE Antique STAFFORDSHIRE Porcelain Dog Figurine the price you paid for shipping was not too much for a 10" tall and 7" wide ceramic figurine. I assume it was packed well because you are not complaining about it being broken and good packing adds considerable weight to the item. Sellers are also allowed to add handling charges to the shipping charges to cover packing materials. Boxes, bubble wrap, foam peanuts, packing tape, paper for labels and packing slips and ink are not free. If you don't like the shipping charges don't bid or buy the item.

disneyshopper
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dahnald

Economy:  Media Mail, Parcel Select (online only), Standard Post (PO only)

Standard:  First Class Mail, UPS Ground, FedEx Home/Ground

Expedited:  Priority Mail, Express Mail, UPS/FedEx air services

clever_never
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dahnald

there's a list on this page which illustrates what ebay's shipping terms mean

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/prompt-shipping.html

kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dahnald

The listing said Economy shipping, so why would you expect Priority(which is Expedited)? That amount is within reasonable S&H cost for an item by Parcel Post, which is Economy.

In the future, if you don't like the shipping cost or method, don't bid.

fossil_diver
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dahnald

Could have package more securely. Paper was torn and purse was showing-PostoffSeller: lilybellas2011   ( 225) Jun-14-13 06:10 -- (#111085285544)

That's what you get when the seller only charges $3 for shipping.  Thanks for posting.

frodobagginskennedy
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dahnald

There is A LOT more that goes  into the cost of shipping then just the postage.  I ship mostly breakables as well.  I don't even want to add up the amount of money I spend on bubble wrap, peanuts air packets etc etc etc on a monthly basis.  Then you have the cost of the box, ink, time to ship and all of that good stuff to figure  in there as well.

SO please remember it isn't just the actual money that goes to the post office that is factored into postage and handling. 

PLUS that listing did say ECONOMY SHIPPING.  So why would you think it was priority?

But thanks for posting.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"