eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
USPS did not forward ebay package to new address

I bought something from ebay and forgot to change my address after I moved. However, the seller used USPS to ship and I had a forward in place 3 weeks before.

USPS delivered the package to my old address and the new resident claims he did not get the package. USPS now says there is nothing they can do about it.

Surely this is not right? Yes I made a mistake but they should have caught the package and ship it to my new address also right?

Please advise...

Other Answers: 1
lalaland923
Community Member
Answered
in reply to krizzy1710

If you put in a change of address with the USPS and have a confirmation number... well - here is the answer for future reference. USPS DOES forward packages locally at no cost and will forward packages non-locally at a cost to you if it weighs more than 16 ounces. Please see the USPS Website. http://faq.usps.com/adaptivedesktop/faq.jsp?ef=USPSFAQ

MAIL CLASS FORWARDED FOR...

First-Class Mail® / First-Class Package Service / Priority Mail® service12 months
Priority Mail Express® service12 months
Periodicals60 days
Standard Mail®Only forwarded with specific instructions from the mailer
Standard Post®Locally for 12 months
Package Service Mail (includes Library Mail, Bound Printed Matter, Media Mail®)Locally for 12 months