eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Merry Christmas

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Out of country buyer purchased my item on a buy it now. I do not ship out of the country.

They have not been able to pay because shipping out of the country is not an option.  I received an email asking for a shipping price and they want to send me their credit card info.  I only accept paypal.  Not sure how to handle this.  Do I email back and say I do not ship out of the country?  How do I get my ebay fees refunded if I do that?  I'm relatively new to selling and this is a new situation to me.  If I do get a shipping price from my post office and am able to ship, how do I make adjustments to the billing info for paypal or is this even possible.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Other Answers: 4
cute.shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ranchls

It's not enough to just state "ships to US only" in your listings.
You MUST set your preferences to BLOCK bidders in other countries.

Go to My eBay > ACCOUNT tab > SITE PREFERENCES > Buyer requirements
Block buyers who: (and choose any/all of these)

Don't have a PayPal account   (99% of the scammers don't)
Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)
Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to
Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s)
Have a feedback score of -1 or lower (that's minus 1)
Are currently winning or have bought __ of my items in the last 10 days and have a feedback score of __ or lower (you choose #s to fill in the blanks)

You can also block payments at PayPal - from non US accounts.

leo*spride
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ranchls

Looking at the wolf jacket you recently sold, it's obvious you're a new seller... you made several statements that are against eBay's selling practices policies.

In light of this, I'm guessing you didn't properly set your eBay auto-blocks in Buyer Requirements before you listed.  Read the info link below:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

As far as your immediate problem... write to the buyer & apologize that you don't ship internationally, nor do you have a separate CC Merchant Account to accept credit cards outside of PayPal.

Hopefully, you DO have a Premiere PayPal account, though?  This is necessary to accept US domestic payments via CCs.

Depending on how cooperative & understanding this buyer is, you may be able to recover your FVFs via a Cancel Transaction Request.  Again... read the instructions carefully:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html

Your only other option would be to wait 4 full days from the end of auction, then file an Unpaid Item Dispute against the buyer:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

If you ultimately decide you want to ship, go to USPS.com & use their international calculator to derive a shipping cost.  Their calculator is very accurate, as long as the user enters accurate info.  Once you have a cost, you can revise the buyer's eBay invoice.

Good luck!

Graciously Grin When You Growl
lynnscollectiblesnstuff
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ranchls

email the buyer and tell him that you dont ship out of the country and only accept paypal, and ask him if he will agree to a cancelation, which has no marks at all against him or you.as international shipping is expensive. Make sure he agrees( or he can just ignore it)and you will get your fvf back. If he, declines he will have to find another way to pay or get an unpaid item strike. In the meantime put your blocks in place for countries you dont ship to. Go to site map, bottom of page,> block buyer from countries I dont ship to,middle column about halfway down And while your there you can block bidders who dont have a Paypal acct. and other stuff 

angelgirl327
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ranchls

First you tell them you only accept paypal and you can't accept a credit card because you don't have that kind of account.   Then if you want to ship to them, you send them an invoice for shipping with delivery confirmation - which is very expensive.  I believe it is priority international or express international - you can check that on the USPS website.  And if the item is over $250 you will need signature confirmation.  Tell them delivery confirmation is required.

If they still want to do this, then send them an invoice, they pay and you ship.  You can also add insurance.