eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
How do I get shipping rates (through Ebay) as inexpensive as I do at the Post Office? i.e. 8x10 envelope for about $1.30?

Print Shipping label on Ebay.....

The options seem way more expensive than if I personally go to the Post Office. It would be more conveinient to ship from home, but not if it costs more.

Thank you,

C

Other Answers: 7
22shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to noahnoah45

The funny part is ; what is the cut off?

The cut off would be how much you can afford to loose to a bogus claim of non-receipt.

If the envelope is not rigid and/or thicker than 1/4 inch, you can simply put the appropriate amount of postage stamps on the envelope & mail it.

Can't print a First Class label through ebay or Paypal shipping for less than $1.64

and that would be for a package/parcel/thick envelope that is at least 3/4" thick at some point.

mr_lees_deals
Community Member
Answered
in reply to noahnoah45

You cannot print First Class Mail online, only First Class Parcel which includes DC and is cheaper than the postoffine if purchased online. It starts at $1.64

LC

“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
Community Member
Answered
in reply to noahnoah45

Appreciate the feedback, but I don't want DC. From what I've shipped, if they don't receive it, I'll send another... sounds, silly? The odds have worked out so far.

(Large Envelope 1st class $1.10) w/o DC.

whiskertail
Community Member
Answered
in reply to noahnoah45

The price you quoted for $1.30 is the Retail cost for a Large Envelope of 3 ounces.  eBay shipping does not offer postage for Large Envelopes or Envelopes, because those levels of service cannot have Delivery Confirmation.

You do know what Delivery Confirmation is, right?  D.C. is the only thing preventing your buyers from getting a free item and a refund from you.

If you want D.C. (never ship without it!),  you would have to print First Class Package postage, and the package must be at least three-quarter inch thick.  You can use your same envelope, just add some packing peanuts if necessary to make it thicker.

You get a postage discount for many services and a substantial discount on Delivery Confirmation by printing your labels online versus purchasing at the Post Office counter.  Printing postage online never costs more than pruchasing at the Post Office.

See here to compare prices: http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm

Community Member
Answered
in reply to noahnoah45

Also, I should add, these are typically small envelopes that have a decal in them. On the larger and more expensive items I definetly ship w/ DC. The funny part is ; what is the cut off? (good thing I'm a gambler)

cute.shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to noahnoah45

Do you get Delivery Confirmation on the envelopes at the PO?  No - you don't.

You need the DC on the eBay labels to have ONLINE viewable PROOF of delivery.

That's the only seller protection you have.

kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to noahnoah45

An envelope that size with Delivery Confirmation would be more than $1.30. Online is First Class Parcel with Delivery Confirmation included at a reduced price.