eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
Change Shipping Address

I bought an item and when I sent my payment with PayPal, I accidentally gave the wrong shipping address as I have recently moved.  When I looked into it, UPS won't change the recipient address unless the sender changes it, so I am helpless to change the shipping address.  I contacted the seller immediately after paying and asked them to change the recipient address, and I've heard no response.  The package is getting delivered, today, to the wrong address.  I've contacted the seller now numerous times trying to get them to change the shipping address.

I now have two questions: firstly, did I handle this situation properly?  Is there something else I should have done?

Second: is this grounds for leaving less-than-favorable feedback for the seller?

Accepted Solutions: 2
glenda
Community Member
Answered
in reply to patrickmestabrook

Hi patrickmestabrook

You should have noticed that the address was wrong when you made the payment and not completed it.  You should have, instead, gone to PayPal's Profile section and changed your address, and to My eBay > Account > Addresses and changed your address.  Then  you should have made the payment.

Sellers are required to ship to the address provided during the payment flow.  The seller would have lost their protection if they'd just ship to an address you gave them in an email.  Too, many many sellers have the selling/shipping process so automated that they don't even have time to answer emails.

No, you should NOT leave less-than-favorable feedback for the seller.  This was YOUR fault entirely.

sbm-ventures
Community Member
Answered

First of all the seller MUST ship to the address on the Paypal payment, no other. Your request to change the shipping address was too late for the seller to do anything about it. If the item gets returned to the seller you will have to pay the seller to reship it to you

You want to leave bad feedback to a seller for your mistake!!! Welcome to my BBL.

Other Answers: 3
Community Member
Answered

While I agree that you made an error the seller should have discussed the situation with you even if to explain the situation with a copy/paste from this thread.  Lack of communication on the seller's part s worthy of bad feedback.

ronaldrgp
Community Member
Answered

i want to know i hit the wrong bottom for the wrong addres i want ro know how to chanege it please?

patrickmestabrook
Community Member
Answered

Thanks for the helpful replies.  I now understand that this was fully my fault and I will leave very very good feedback for the seller in question.  It is my desire to be as good an eBay member as possible and I thank you both for clearing this up.

Cheers and happy buying/selling.

-Patrick