eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
Can a method of shipment change after payment?

I recently won an auction and paid for it immediately in order to expedite the processing and get the item as soon as possible. The method of shipment stated on the auction is USPS Priority Mail and the shipping charge was $10.00. After payment was received via PayPal the seller chose USPS Postage Services which is both cheaper and takes longer for the item to arrive. Is this against eBay policy, and if so, what can be done?

Accepted Solution
trinitybball23
Community Member
Answered
in reply to gse7en

Ebay says that the seller cannot downgrade the shipping method.  I'm not sure what they will do when this happens or how you can report it.  I would send him a message saying you're not happy about changing the shipping method from what was in the listing & violating Ebay's policy on that.  See what he has to say.  Do not threaten neg. FB or you can get in trouble, but if he doesn't fix it, you can leave appropriate FB & star ratings.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/shipping-services.html 

Please note that it's against our policy for you to ship an item to your buyer using a service that is slower or less expensive than what the buyer agreed to at checkout. However, you may want to surprise your buyer with better service by upgrading the shipping service when possible.

=^^= Save a stray today.
Other Answers: 4
ijazzu
Community Member
Answered
in reply to gse7en

I'm sorry but I'm confused??

"After payment was received via PayPal the seller chose USPS Postage Services which is both cheaper and takes longer for the item to arrive. Is this against eBay policy, and if so, what can be done?"

What's USPS Postal service??

1st class

priority

parcel select

media mail

What method of postal service downgrade did paypal tell you they used.

I'm reading that they simply told you they used USPS Postal services, what postal service method did they tell you the seller used that was cheaper and longer??

USPS Priority Mail is a USPS Postage Service, your question does not tell anyone what postage service method the seller used. So the answer is no the seller didn't do anything wrong, you maybe misunderstanding your receipt from paypal.

ijazzu
Community Member
Answered
in reply to gse7en

Priority is a USPS Postage Service method. Telling you the shipper is USPS vs UPS or FedEx doen't mean the seller isn't using the Priority USPS shipping service?

USPS postal service is just the carrier and not the method which the carrier is using.

leapstarz
Community Member
Answered
in reply to gse7en

You can message the seller and see what they have to say about it. If in the end you are not satisfied, you can rate their shipping cost/time stars accordingly. I don't think they deserve an overall negative feedback, however.

gse7en
Community Member
Answered
in reply to gse7en

Sorry, the method of shipping was downgraded to Package Services not Postal Services. This is seen in the tracking information from USPS. I'm not threatening neg feedback or anything. I voiced my displeasure via Contact Seller as suggested. I was simply asking if it is against eBay Policy to downgrade my shipment after purchasing the item. Thank you for the responses.