cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there issues shipping items to a P.O.Box? Is it okay?

Adventurer
Solved! Go to Solution.

Are there issues shipping items to a P.O.Box? Is it okay?

I have a customer asking if I am able to ship her the item she wants to bid on to her P.O. Box. Are there issues I should be aware of? I am new to selling on ebay. Thanks, Elyse

9 REPLIES
Rockstar

Re: Are there issues shipping items to a P.O.Box? Is it okay?

in reply to

If you ship via USPS then there are no issues at all.

Adventurer

in reply to
Ok great, I didn't think so but wasn't sure. Thank you so much for your quick response Smiley Happy
Rockstar

in reply to

A USPS BO box is the safest of all address. Street address packages are often just left at the buyers porch.

photo tig02-1.jpg
-A person can be rich in one of two ways, They can have lots of friends or lots of money, but not both.
Rockstar

in reply to

eBay shipping has the option to block PO Boxes but thats for sellers that don't ship USPS.

photo tig02-1.jpg
-A person can be rich in one of two ways, They can have lots of friends or lots of money, but not both.
Rockstar

in reply to

Many years ago BO Boxs were used by scammers and for recieving items that was illegal.

At that time anyone could purchase a PO Box under and name without any ID.

Now thats not possible, now you must have a photo ID to get one and the name used must be the ID name.

You must also have a valid street address on file with USPS.

photo tig02-1.jpg
Adventurer

in reply to
Actually, when I read her email again is says APO box. I assumed she meant a P.O. Box but I believe it is an Army Post Office, possible overseas. So what's the deal with APO box shipping? Thanks
Rockstar

in reply to

Same as a PO box accept because the item is going out on the US a custom form is required.

If you use eBay shipping custom forms will also be printed with most of the information filled in.

photo tig02-1.jpg
Rockstar
Solution
Accepted by topic author silver8422
‎09-30-2015 01:39 AM

in reply to

One thing different though for security reasons tracking will stop at the APO point in the US.

photo tig02-1.jpg
Adventurer

in reply to
Yeah it is only a magazine so I am not really interested in dealing with it, and I have other people bidding on it. Thank you so much