eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Happy Thanksgiving

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

shellhut
Community Member

check your BIN items. They are automatically adding Best Offer - Software Glich!

I just had to revise 10 of my lstings.  They automatically without my assistance added Best Offer.  This happened to someone else too.  Check your listings!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: check your BIN items. They are automatically adding Best Offer - Software Glich!

in reply to shellhut

Love yer Scary Cat, lol...

As far as the auto? That must be because you failed to click or unclick something. Every time I relist anything, I look at at every which/way possible, to make sure I have checked, unchecked, Clicked and unclicked absolutely every which possible way, to make sure my listings are what I expect.

Yes, Ebay does sneakily cause some sellers' listings/ relistings to not be as expected, etc. Sellers need to be on their Top Knowledge about ebay selling, see ebay's trix which are not Trix R 4kids. Sellers needs to pay attention to ebays' listings' tricks...

What I am saying is During your listing phase, make sure you have everything very correct!

Please use plain text.
nobody*s_perfect
Community Member

Re: check your BIN items. They are automatically adding Best Offer - Software Glich!

in reply to katzcats

I have noticed BO being checked off in my listings even though i never, ever use it.

Please use plain text.
shellhut
Community Member

in reply to katzcats

I never click on that option.  It happened on another account also.  The boxes for automatically accepting or decling the offers were all empty.  I NEVER do this option.  Why would it automatically do it to 10 of my listins and 5 on another account???????

Not ME!  I have been selling on ebay a long time.  I know how it works.

Please use plain text.
shellhut
Community Member

in reply to shellhut

When I relisted these items I did the short form and did NOT check the best offer on anyof them.  It is eBay's faulty software!

Please use plain text.
shellhut
Community Member

in reply to shellhut

If I did it then why wasn't I charged a fee for it????? NOT ME DOING THIS!

Please use plain text.
nobody*s_perfect
Community Member

in reply to shellhut

There is never any fee for using the "Best Offer" option.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to shellhut

shellhut wrote:

I just had to revise 10 of my lstings.  They automatically without my assistance added Best Offer.  This happened to someone else too.  Check your listings!

Yes, when I used the "Relist" option from my list of unsold items, the B/O option was checked, even though I never use it. I missed it on the first item I relisted, and had to revise it. Not good.

Please use plain text.
shellhut
Community Member

in reply to anonymoose99

When I relist, I use the little short version that is the small box that comes up.  The Best Offer is not in there as an option.  I look at my listings daily for watchers and other issues.  The Best Offer was not there until last night.  When I checked my other account it wasn'

t there.  When I did a refresh of my screen it WAS there.  It is eBay's sneeky way of trying to get things to sell, because things aren't selling right now very well.  I am sick of their sneeky ways of doing things.  Like the option to have it relist automatically 3 times when you do a new listings.  That option is already checked and if you don't uncheck it you will be charged after the 3rd time.  Especially if you only use the 50 free or there is a listing promotion your INVITED to.  I wish eBay would STOP THINKING FOR ME!! I decide how I want to sell my items.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to shellhut

I had the same thing happen with a BIN last week. I never use best offer either and I was  surprised to get an offer a couple of hours after I relisted an item that had not sold. I have not had it happen since.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to shellhut
Hi,

Please send me some example item numbers where this is happening so I can help the team identify the issue.

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to mari_daw

If you are truly a CS and want to help, I've also got some problems today. 

I'm relisting unsold items right now, and the Best Offer is always coming up checked.  I've gone into the individual listing and changed the options, but they keep getting checked from one listing to another.  This is soooo annoying and time consuming.  I would like to be able to list new items and not have to spend so much time going over every detail of a relisted item.  It should All stay the same!

I'm also getting the 3X relist feature on some items and not others.  Why, oh why, can't eBay just get things to work correctly and not spend so much time on 'improving' things! 

Also, the relist button is not working.  I can only relist an item if I click on Sell Similar.  And.....after I relist an item, it still shows up as NOT being relisted in my Unsold items.  Here's an item number for example (301079581148)

This is not a good day to work on eBay listings!   

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to vegasmary

Hi,

Thanks for sending more info.  I will pass this along to the technical team for review. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to mari_daw
Still having to uncheck Best Offer when I don't want to include it in a listing.
Please use plain text.
ubeladysales
Community Member

in reply to shellhut

Seems I contracted some add ons and they were all to do with AD's so think maybe some one advertizing with ebay is giving us presents we don't want...and it's causing software glitches...a friend has had many but different than mine.??????????????:womansad:

Please use plain text.
carlmarxx
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to mari_daw

mari_daw wrote:
Hi,

Please send me some example item numbers where this is happening so I can help the team identify the issue.

Thanks.

Mari:  I just  ran across this thread today! Because yesterday  When I Listed  or relisted 1tems, the Best offer show's up Check off ! Even though I never  use it ! I and I then have to unchecked it! I did call up ebay and reported it .The Rep. said  maybe do to tech people updating the site.  Which I don't believe since ebay did same thing  with the GSP  by default check off box on listing items ! Without telling the sellers  like my self that only USE GSP as a Option on the heaver packages.  I did OP-Out Of GSP of Ebay once again Butting in !!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to shellhut

Yes. I had one item with best offer that I had to end twice, but my biggest problem was gallery plus. I'm having trouble with gallery plus box being check marked and I got charged 12 times. I have to talk to ebay, but I ended some listings and corrected them only to get charged for gallery plus again, even after I unchecked the gallery plus box.

Please use plain text.
carlmarxx
Community Member

in reply to 7198dave

7198dave wrote:

Yes. I had one item with best offer that I had to end twice, but my biggest problem was gallery plus. I'm having trouble with gallery plus box being check marked and I got charged 12 times. I have to talk to ebay, but I ended some listings and corrected them only to get charged for gallery plus again, even after I unchecked the gallery plus box.

One Of  listings  had gotten wrong template showing up today after being up  and running for couple days  . Had to fix it .

Please use plain text.
oldieroomgoddess10gf
Community Member

in reply to shellhut

I noticed that also. I started getting offers on only some of my items. This did not happen on all of my items only a few. I had to go in and mass edit. The other glitches that are going on is:

1.Quantity increase on select items. I just had a sale for 6 of an item when I only had 1 for sale. 

2. Automatically opted me into Business Practices on another I.D.

3. Automatically opted me into "Automatic List 3 Times" on selective items.

This is hard to correct since I did not list this way. It was only done on some of the items so this is harder to correct when you did not do this. Ebay get your butt busy fixing the glitches!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to oldieroomgoddess10gf

oldieroomgoddess10gf wrote:

I noticed that also. I started getting offers on only some of my items. This did not happen on all of my items only a few. I had to go in and mass edit. The other glitches that are going on is:

1.Quantity increase on select items. I just had a sale for 6 of an item when I only had 1 for sale. 

2. Automatically opted me into Business Practices on another I.D.

3. Automatically opted me into "Automatic List 3 Times" on selective items.

This is hard to correct since I did not list this way. It was only done on some of the items so this is harder to correct when you did not do this. Ebay get your butt busy fixing the glitches!

These arent' glitches (well, may the quantity increase is).

There was some notice about some sellers automatically being opted into Business Practices and the autolist 3x seems to be automatically checked unless you uncheck it before listing.

Same thing also happens when you use the Sell Similar feature.  Be careful of that one; "Best Offer" is automatically checked off for that too, even if the original listing does not have Best Offer.

Please use plain text.