eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

rockstarjunkie876
Community Member

buyer unfairly gave me a negative feedback and has ruined my ratings! not happy

a newer buyer has unfairly given me a negative feedback stating the item came "too slow" when my shipping time was clearly stated and arrived during that time frame!

i searched around to see what i can do to get the negative removed (which has RUINED my 100% rating i have had since 2007.) 

I have a feeling ebay doesn't give a **bleep** about the sellers and they won't do anything about it. There is a new option on "report problems with buyer" under the feedback option. I explained everything and I have a feeling ebay won't do **bleep**. With that being said, is there anyway that I can build that 100% rating back up by getting more and more positive ratings from other people? kinda like when you build your credit score back up by paying your credit card off, etc.

I would like my 100% back and i don't know if i can get it removed.

I know some of you say it is just ebay ratings, who cares. I care. It is pretty upsetting when you have been a honest, trusted seller since 2007 and some new **bleep** ruins your score that you have worked for. 

Please use plain text.
littleoddsends
Community Member

Re: buyer unfairly gave me a negative feedback and has ruined my ratings! not happy

in reply to rockstarjunkie876

12 months of happy sales and you'll have the 100% back.  Until then, best you can do is buy, buy and buy to get positive feedbacks to help mitigate that one number.

Hey OP, if ya want, I got some cool stuff for sale, along with quite a few others here.  

What?  August was a slow month.

Please use plain text.
ywhat4now
Community Member

Re: buyer unfairly gave me a negative feedback and has ruined my ratings! not happy

You can try for a feedback revision..................you have 30 days from the time that the neg was left. Don't attempt the revision until you have reached an agreement w/ your buyer.

Did the buyer pay promptly?

Here's a link to Feedback Removal Policy................you can check to see if anything applies in your case.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything above & below this line is opinion
Please use plain text.
nc-daydreamer
Community Member

I'm afraid that neg (from a new buyer who is now on my BBL) is not the worst of it.  Have you noticed your stars?  4.7 on 2 of them, and 4.9 on the other 2.  Could this person who does not understand about shipping efforts have dinged them?  That might get you on restriction.  Yes, appeal, fight, revise - do all you can.  I wish you well, as your history should speak for itself.

=====================================
Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily.
Please use plain text.
ywhat4now
Community Member

in reply to nc-daydreamer

nc-daydreamer wrote:

Yes, appeal, fight, revise - do all you can.  

Agree 110%.

Holiday weekends seem to be the worst time for shipping problems.

BUYERS!................When you get days off for holidays.....................you are not alone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything above & below this line is opinion
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Get used to it. Lately thanks for e-bay much better fun to be a buyer than a seller. Unfortunately.

Please use plain text.
starroute-us
Community Member

Here is the latest feedback removal policy update. http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

I think the revision request IF the buyer will agree is a good idea and about the only way to go on this one. 

Buying stuff on ebay will not improve your DSRs and selling feedback, only selling and receiving excellent DSRs will improve your numbers.

My only suggestion is to play the free shipping, 1 day handling game to help improve your DSRs.

Please use plain text.
az93
Community Member

in reply to starroute-us

You  did not deserve a negative. Shipping was slow, not mailing. And considering it was Media Mail with a Sunday and a holiday in the mix, it was delivered quite fast. This buyer will be on lots of BBLs due to your post.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hi

Call ebay in the morning regarding having the negative and any low DSR's removed regarding this transaction. Did you enter the tracking# when you shipped?

I would not contact the buyer regarding a revision unless ebay does not remove the nfb and low dsr's.

Good luck to you.

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
shabbychicandpink
Community Member

in reply to trinkettrauma

trinkettrauma wrote:

Hi

Call ebay in the morning regarding having the negative and any low DSR's removed regarding this transaction. Did you enter the tracking# when you shipped?

I would not contact the buyer regarding a revision unless ebay does not remove the nfb and low dsr's.

Good luck to you.

eBay will simply say that the buyer has a right to their opinion and that their opinion stands. They won't remove anything. The only recourse OP has is sending a revision request to the buyer.

Please use plain text.
flicka4me
Community Member

I completely understand your frustration!   Ebay will not back their sellers at all.   I've received two negative feedback ratings which are arbitrary and Ebay will not remove.  One person said "did not fit" - totally unfair especially since I cancelled thustransaction per her request and she never even received the item.  The recent negative feeback I received was the result of a non-payment item which I had already relisted.  It was a mess.  I sent her the item lickidy split, but she left me negative feedback because I had filed a non-payment cae.  Ebay is no longer fun and I plan to stop selling after the holidays.  I worked too hard to get Top Rated Power Seller status and I don't want to "beg" for 5 stars when negative feedback is just a curmudgeon away :smileysad:    I even wrote a nice, long letter to Ebay asking for removal of the 1st negative feedback....never received a response.  I wish I could leave Ebay negative feedback !

Please use plain text.
weaselemu
Community Member

in reply to flicka4me

Here are the rules for having feedback removed when it relates to shipping. If your buyer paid after 3 days you would qualify.  Heck I'd report it and make sure to point out that it was delivered within the expected time frame and see what they say. Can't hurt to ask, might help. If they remove it make sure they take the DSRs with it. Oh and block that buyer.

Negative or neutral Feedback related solely to:

• Customs delays or customs fees.

• Item non-delivery, when shipment tracking shows the item was delivered. Signature confirmation is required for items over $750.

• Shipping time, when the item is Fast 'N Free and the item was delivered by the shipping carrier's estimated delivery date.

• An item's delivery time when a buyer provided an undeliverable address and the item was returned to the seller or held at the shipping facility.

• An item's delivery time, when a buyer paid for an item more than 3 days after a sale was completed. (If a buyer is allowed to combine shipping on multiple purchases more than 3 days after a sale, negative Feedback may not be removed.)

Apparently birds are not allowed.
You'll get over it. Or you won't.
weasel
emu
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to weaselemu

I know some of you say it is just ebay ratings, who cares. I care. It is pretty upsetting when you have been a honest, trusted seller since 2007 and some new **bleep** ruins your score that you have worked for. 

It's just ebay ratings, who cares. 

Unlucky

Please use plain text.
gopetersen
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to unluckytheloser

The OP's stars are currently lower than some of the sellers who have recently been suspended.

OP has no choice but to worry about the rating and to try to do something about it.

Please use plain text.
gopetersen
Community Member

[ Edited ]

"kinda like when you build your credit score back up by paying your credit card off, etc."

Just for your information, and for others who don't understand how the credit rating system works, paying off your cards does not build up your credit score. In fact, if you pay off a card and don't use it for a while, the score can actually drop.

Paying off most of it and then paying off the rest in small increments always on time is a better way to build back your credit. Most credit is revolving credit, which is evaluated regularly. If the payments are on time, your score improves (or holds steady). Paying extra does nothing. Paying extra a few days after the due date is as bad as not paying at all.

I had an acquaintance who wasn't worried about his credit because, as he said, "Yeah, we pay a few days late, but we always pay a little extra, so it's good. My credit is good." I told him to check his credit that I would guarantee it was way down. He did. It was.

How much you pay is not the most important factor. It's consistency, reliability, regularity of paying at least the minimum payment on time, of meeting your obligation (and of using your credit regularly so it can continue to be evaluated).

Please use plain text.