eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Why does ebay always side with buyers when they know damn well that they are trying to screw the seller over?

I recently sold a broken ipod touch 8gb that had a missing screen. I got it in a box mixed with a bunch of other stuff in a garage sale. The ipod was listed "as is" and described to the best of my ability. A random fixer uper guy buys it from me, receives it and then opens up a case stating it was not as described and he wants a full refund back... He claimed that the ICU a resistor and some other type of crap was broken off of it. So i sat there waited thinking that this "buyer" would loose the case because he bought the item as is and there would be no way of him getting a refund. GUESS WHAT! Ebays service sides with the "buyer" and i end up loosing more money then i would have originally gotten from the buyer. DO these "service reps" not even read cases, just always side with buyers???? X-( X-(  I tried to do an appeal only two days after their decision and that was not even an option... Is there any way to protect ourselves from people like this, from ebay itself, because ebay isn't doing anything for the seller... 

Other Answers: 3
itz_stacey
Community Member
Answered
in reply to irbaron94

You said this -

"You are bidding on a ipod touch 4th generation that is missing a screen. The rest of the ipod is in decent condition with no missing parts"

That's why the buyer won. He said it was missing additional parts, other than just the screen.

And yes...ebay pretty much sides with a buyer in any SNAD case. Its rare ebay will force a buyer to keep something they do not want, regardless of your description.

And lastly, there is no such thing as "as is, no refunds."

ebay buyers have 45 full days to file a claim and get a refund. That's just how it is here.

entropii
Community Member
Answered
in reply to irbaron94

I always thought ebay sided with the seller when an electronic item was sold for parts or not working.  So this is a bit of a surprise, and I guess they did look at the description saying all but the screen was there.  Are you saying the buyer is wrong, and you checked it all out before listing it, or are you saying that you don't think it was your job to really know if the rest of it was all there or not?  

irbaron94
Community Member
Answered
in reply to irbaron94

True but i was not aware that the camera thing fell out and i offered to send it to him but instead he felt the need to open and forward the case anyway. How did you get that information anyway? And no i had no idea what was really wrong with it that is why i described it to the best of my ability. He said there was some weird crap broken with it. My anger issue comes from the fact that im not supposed to know whats wrong with it and i didn't. If i knew i would have fixed it myself lol. But he won, Ebay is annoying at times, and it is what it is. Im getting it back anyway so ill just resell it as is with no description other than "Broke" haha.