eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
Seller wants more shipping money on paid item

Item #151020297796 I purchased and paid for this item. Shipping at checkout $3.00. I am in US, seller Canada. Seller now wants more shipping money or she won't ship. She states it costs her $10.00 in description. In shipping section it says shipping will be $3.00 to ship from outside US. She is outside US. Now she threatens to refund and reinvoice for even more shipping costs or to refund and cancel. At this point, it seems refund and cancel is the better choice. How do I avoid having an "unpaid item" as it will then show up as. Is there a difference between sellr/buyer cancellation and eBay assisted cancellation?

~Lynne~
Accepted Solutions: 7
janet9988
Community Member
Answered
in reply to lynneandjessica

Sorry to take up another post,,,

You wont have an UPI filed against you because you DID pay . It wont matter even if the seller refunds. The only thing the seller can ask you to do would be to agree to a mutual cancelation. You can agree or deny it. Its your choice. I personally would deny it so the seller wont get the fees back ...she needs to learn to follow policy. Hopefully she will agree to do the correct thing and send you your item at the 3.00 shipping cost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~all the info that you need to read is here....
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/overview.html
janet9988
Community Member
Answered

Yes you only owe what is stated in the shipping area 3.00.  Seller is violating policy. If she does not ship after you have paid you should file a item not received claim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~all the info that you need to read is here....
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/overview.html
my*quiet*place
Community Member
Answered

Seller is violating policy.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-practices.html

Examples of prohibited behavior include:

Entering an amount for shipping costs when you're listing an item, and then indicating that you charge a different amount either in the item description or after the buyer has committed to buying the item

You might inform them of policy.

Community Member
Answered

Send her this:

Under Terms and Conditions

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-practices.html

You're not allowed to provide inconsistent or misleading information on the terms and conditions of the sale.

Once the buyer has committed to purchasing the item, you can't change the terms of the sale.

Examples of prohibited behavior include:

• Entering an amount for shipping costs when you're listing an item, and then indicating that you charge a different amount either in the item description or after the buyer has committed to buying the item

silverstrad
Community Member
Answered

The seller has made a mistake and cannot ask you for more funds.

If your seller is a total newbie, you might wish to be generous.

But otherwise, if they send you a request to cancel the transaction, do not agree to it.

And feel free to leave the seller negative feedback  and appropriate DSRs

johnsattic
Community Member
Answered

Almost forgot, the buyer should send you a refund of monies paid BEFORE you agree to the cancel transaction, otherwise you have no leverage on the refund.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler, A. Einstein
johnsattic
Community Member
Answered

If the buyer submits a cancel transaction request and you approve it, the listing will be concluded without any problems for you, so if she sends in the cancel transaction, agree to it.

This is the proper way to conclude a transaction when buyer and seller agree not to complete it.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler, A. Einstein
Other Answers: 2
lynneandjessica
Community Member
Answered

Thanks everyone! I did tell her she was in policy violation, STILL she insists SHE is correct, stating she clearly stated otherwise in the item description. No, she is not a newbie at over 200 feedback. Just a bully with screwed up listing abilities. I am just concerned that IF she refunds, it will then be an "unpaid" item once again, with her invoicing me with another larger shipping amount on a new invoice.

~Lynne~
lynneandjessica
Community Member
Answered

Seller has refunded amount I paid and is requesting cancellation. Her reason is that I refused to pay shipping she clearly stated (in description). Ebay stated that they will request this cancellation by the 13th, if I do not agree.

~Lynne~