eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Accepted Solution
Seller have not ship the item and don't answer to message

I've won an auction and have passed 4 since that day but the item have not been shipped. I tried to contact the seller but he didn't answer to my message I pay the same day I won the auction and I want my money back, what can I do. I visited the ebay resolution center and I can't call there because I live in Dominican Republic is there another way to contac them in case it would be needed.

Accepted Solution
house*of*paws
Community Member
Answered
in reply to lechaims18

Hi

Buyers can never  be sure whether an item has been shipped, because sellers aren't required to tell buyers or eBay when they ship.

Some sellers simply ship the item ... and buyer discovers it's been shipped when they receive it.

It is too soon to ask for a refund.  You have 45 days from payment to file a dispute with eBay in the Resolution Center.  Wait at least another two weeks. 

Other Answers: 6
Community Member
Answered
in reply to lechaims18

4 days is much too soon to want your money back.  The phone may take a while to reach the Dominican Republic, don't  know.  You may have a better idea of how long shipments from the US take to get to you.  Just don't let the 45 day limit pass to file a claim for item not received and you will be fine.

house*of*paws
Community Member
Answered
in reply to lechaims18

>>  So, it is not necessary to get in the Purchase History an Shipped icon to be sure the item had been shipped?  <<

That's correct.  An item might be shipped without Purchasing History showing the shipping icon.

Truth be told ... you can't be sure that an item has been shipped when you see the Shipped icon. 

The icon means the seller either has marked the item as 'shipped' or created a postage label on eBay (or PayPal), which automatically puts the icon there.  The seller may not actually have physically shipped the item.

Also, sometimes the post office doesn't scan packages as they should ... so it can look like the item hasn't been 'Accepted' by the post office when it actually has.

So a bit of trust is involved ... which is almost always warranted when you purchase from a seller with decent feedback.  

fab_finds4u
Community Member
Answered
in reply to lechaims18

How do you know it hasn't been shipped? Some sellers don't get tracking numbers to upload to indicate it's in the system. If they sent it in an International Priority small flat rate box they are not scanned. 

Community Member
Answered
in reply to lechaims18

So, it is not necessary to get in the Purchase History an Shipped icon to be sure the item had been shipped?

kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to lechaims18

You said he isn't answering, so how do you know he have not shipped? You don't. You would file a Not Received dispute in about a month--certainly not this early.

auntella
Community Member
Answered
in reply to lechaims18