Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post
Highlighted

STOP the MC999 When you email this !!! PLEASE

STOP the MC999 When you email this !!! PLEASE

karenhopeart
Guide

How many of our seller friends have we seen booted for MC999 ???

Why does ebay send this to buyers that NEVER EVER sold.

This email was sent to my buying ID.

This is a I WANT YOU TO FAIL email from ebay.

Ebay please stop the MC999 without looking over and CALLING the seller first.

NO RECEIPT NO PROBLEM  Yeah right................

Message 1 of 66
65 REPLIES

Re: STOP the MC999 When you email this !!! PLEASE

in reply to Jan 10, 2014 8:26:41 AM
goodeez4u1952
Trailblazer

How eBay is that?!

Message 2 of 66

in reply to Jan 10, 2014 8:40:02 AM
karenhopeart
Guide

good,

That is ebay. One side does not know what the other is doing.

How many will use this to sell their used DESIGNER items. ?????

Message 3 of 66

in reply to Jan 10, 2014 8:48:54 AM
Rockstar

Since when do sellers need receipts to sell designer items on eBay?

“Don’t you brag to me / That you never read a book / I never put my faith / In a con man and his crooks.” ~ The Boss

Message 4 of 66

in reply to Jan 10, 2014 9:02:51 AM
Rockstar

*eponymous* wrote:

When a buyer makes a claim that a designer item is fake, eBay will ask the seller to prove otherwise with a receipt or other accepted authentication.

~ Jen
Message 5 of 66

in reply to Jan 10, 2014 9:09:39 AM
slappy2014
Trailblazer

I am sure since I am a new seller that i will be getting mine soon.  Why do I feel this way?  Because I have read so many stories about small time sellers like me getting booted off of ebay.  I try to be the best seller I can and do whatever it takes to survive but the chips are stacked against me. 

Message 6 of 66

in reply to Jan 10, 2014 9:25:43 AM
karenhopeart
Guide

When it comes to MC999 the chips are stacked against all of us.

Small or large seller.

Go to the Seller Protection board and spend your day reading.

Heart breaking to see.

Ebay employee Lamont and others try to help on that board.

Way to many issues / glitches etc and so few Ebay employs to help.

Message 7 of 66

in reply to Jan 10, 2014 9:37:31 AM

LOL i think OP is a lil-confused

MC99'Type seller bans include all-kinds of activity ebay has flagged, for plenty of reasons...A sellers items are only PART of 1  reason they might get MC99'd ...just as paying their ebay bill too-late too-many times can be a single reason for  MCPPType takedown.

Not ever seller who was banned under a MC99'policy had ;questionable items; & or simply couldnt produce a reciept for something they bought new from a reputable merchant

OP..theres a HUGE difference between a new casual seller listing used designer items from their home closet w/o paperwork  & ANY seller liting knockoffs & fakes in popular sizes, colors, limited sizes who bought em from some guys van behind a fleamarket

Ostensibly TODAY a newbie seller would have their funds-held, so if theres a question to authenticity ebay will tell the buyer to just return for a refund

.........................................................................................................................................

“Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.”

–George Washington Carver

Message 8 of 66

in reply to Jan 10, 2014 9:47:01 AM

Go to the Seller Protection board and spend your day reading.

Heart breaking to see."

LOL if you read the weekly arrest records w/pictures for Los-Angeles & Anaheim Calif,,,,would you still want to-go to Disneyland?

what if you read the same for Miami-Dade County? Would you say FLA is WAY too risky for Vacation?

OP im sure if you went your most secure State Prison & asked the incarcerated for a show of hands, who here is NOT GUILTY? Im sure it would be virtually everyone.

Heart Breaking to see? .....???what doest mean? That ebay should provide a 100% RISK free experience & WARRANTY everyones feelings & emotions? ....on a business platform? ebay isnt in the happiness business

Not even companys that are IN the happiness business,  WARRANTY your happiness...now do they

.........................................................................................................................................

“Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.”

Message 9 of 66

in reply to Jan 10, 2014 10:02:06 AM
retrose1
Rockstar
Last Edited 10:03:33 AM

tree*fern wrote:

*eponymous* wrote:

When a buyer makes a claim that a designer item is fake, eBay will ask the seller to prove otherwise with a receipt or other accepted authentication.

But the selling point to the viewer is  ---You got a gift for Christmas and the giver didn't include the reciept and you'll never wear it and can't take it back??  That's ok, sell it on ebay and make some money so you can buy the gift you really wanted.

This is exactly the sellers ebay wants on the site.  Inexperienced sellers who will contribute to ebay's coffers and not know the rules and just write off their losses to their inexperience and move on.  And I am sure that ebay is counting on half of them not knowing that they can file a UID on deadbeats to get the fee charges back.  I am sure that ebay feels there are millions of suckers out there to take their place when one gets mad and leaves, after ebay has taken them for a couple of hundred dollars first.

The thing i would like to see is *footnotes for the exemptions to the sell it for free. 

I know I will not be surprised to see a flood of newbies on SC in a couple of weeks that listed and sold their used cell phone and haven't got any money for it and ebay is charging them fees when the ad said it was free.

retrose1
You can take away my name but you can't take away my dignity.
Message 10 of 66

in reply to Jan 10, 2014 10:03:16 AM

Historically in Business.....theres 2-constants

1) There are WINNERS & theres everyone else, those that ( for whatever reason ) ARENT

2) BAD things always happen in Business...its un-avoidable...BAD things always happen in business

For home-based Mom-Pop small ebay sellers, to be a WINNER means you have been VICTORIOUS in BATTLE against >>>Yourself...You have been successful at engaging the BAD things that CAN-WILL happen via your RISK MANAGEMENT plan.

To be a WINNER as a small seller on ebay means that WHERE you have chosen to-do BATTLE on your own terms has WORKED.

Doing battle on the Backend of ebay is not a winning proposition & thats where most FAIL, they want to battle ebay for whats 'fair' after the fact & thats when the BAD things happen for small sellers here >>>its AFTER the fact

Message 11 of 66

in reply to Jan 10, 2014 10:14:16 AM

OTOH Rose makes a good point about inexperienced EBAY seller....Newbie seller doesnt automatically denote that they entered the platform with less than a HS EDU or their lifetime career path was Waitress or that they will see ebay as BAD because its not an 'alternative-lifestyle' to REALITY.

Newbie seller doesnt denote anything definitive except they are new to the platform, it doesnt mean an un-educated bitter person with low personal accomplishments

Message 12 of 66

in reply to Jan 10, 2014 10:21:48 AM

funny from a Business Perspective....Its funny that ebay can get new sellers EASILY w/o spending a fortune on outside advertising.

they dont have to spend alot of money TO get new sellers by buying add-space outside.

& again...Newbie seller doesnt automatically denote anything except that they are NEW to the platform, it certainly doesnt mean their EDU in business = less than a HS Edu

Message 13 of 66

in reply to Jan 10, 2014 10:35:19 AM
ibbeachbum
Trailblazer

jake-square-deals wrote:

Not even companys that are IN the happiness business,  WARRANTY your happiness...now do they

Some do ...

Pleasure Palaces ...

Message 14 of 66

in reply to Jan 10, 2014 10:39:43 AM

wouldnt those be 'happy-ending' companys

Message 15 of 66

in reply to Jan 10, 2014 11:53:31 AM
gramophone-georg
Rockstar

jake-square-deals wrote:

LOL i think OP is a lil-confused

MC99'Type seller bans include all-kinds of activity ebay has flagged, for plenty of reasons...A sellers items are only PART of 1  reason they might get MC99'd ...just as paying their ebay bill too-late too-many times can be a single reason for  MCPPType takedown.

Not ever seller who was banned under a MC99'policy had ;questionable items; & or simply couldnt produce a reciept for something they bought new from a reputable merchant

OP..theres a HUGE difference between a new casual seller listing used designer items from their home closet w/o paperwork  & ANY seller liting knockoffs & fakes in popular sizes, colors, limited sizes who bought em from some guys van behind a fleamarket

Ostensibly TODAY a newbie seller would have their funds-held, so if theres a question to authenticity ebay will tell the buyer to just return for a refund

Dude.

Seriously???

Hey- it's me, gramophone-georg! Bet you couldn't tell! :-)
Message 16 of 66

in reply to Jan 10, 2014 11:54:53 AM
gramophone-georg
Rockstar

Karen, it's absolute proof that you're dead on the money here when the jake obfuscation flood starts on the very first page.

Hey- it's me, gramophone-georg! Bet you couldn't tell! :-)
Message 17 of 66

in reply to Jan 10, 2014 12:10:57 PM

???? Its been documented on ECB that MCType seller BANS can-will include ALL KINDS of metrics & seller dynamics

In-FACT ebay doesnt even disclose ALL of them

again, a New seller would have LIMITS + their funds HELD & if there was a question as to the authenticity of an item & the buyer would be told to send-it-back...theres not much need for paperwork on used sweaters & scarves from a persons clothes-closet

Thats VASTLY different than a shooting-star seller being asked by ebay to provide some PROOF of AUTHENTIC SUPPLY CHAINS for 100s 0f designer NEW ITEMS

Two VASTLY different scenarios

Message 18 of 66

in reply to Jan 10, 2014 12:17:07 PM
dingystardust
Thrill-Seeker

I got a pair of Beats headphones for Christmas, no receipt for return.  I don't want them, and could use the money.  But being reported by the headphone hags is ONLY ONE of MANY reasons they will sit on my shelf and collect dust before I'd ever consider to LIST them here.

That ad ^ ought to come with one of those disclaimers including, but not limited to, every page of policy relating to VeRO.  Yikes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
* Princess Sassybottom approved this message.
Message 19 of 66

in reply to Jan 10, 2014 12:17:22 PM
bubbleman2010
Rockstar

I love it when he uses all that fancy bidness talk....

Message 20 of 66