eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

dropandsellauctions
Community Member

NO MORE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR BUYERS

I personally try not to leave negative feedback for a buyer even if they desrved it. They will usually leave "unwarranted negative feedback" in return for you. When I file a "non paying bidder" & they dont respond then I leave negative feedback because I know they cant since they didnt respond.
As far as the new changes it doesnt stop someone from checking the positive box & writing something negative or slaming the buyer. Sellers will just have to pay a little more attentiont to what us other sellers have stated about that transaction.
dropandsellauctions
Community Member

in reply to dropandsellauctions
:-)
dropandsellauctions
Community Member

I also forgot to mention. It has never been mentioned that we cant leave a "neutral" feedback?
Community Member

I think it is Seller can only leave a positive
dropandsellauctions
Community Member

"b*gill" I dont hionk you know what your talking about from what you have stated. DO YOUR HOMEWORK.;-)
Community Member

Re: NO MORE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR BUYERS

Ebay does not care about the seller .I have had negative feedback left against me after the auction was cancelled and Ebay did nothing-I had negative feedback left against me when the buyer was a non paying bidder and Ebay did nothing-The feedback system is a joke as are the people that answer the phone banks that are not even located in California.

Community Member

Yes I agree eBay shows little respect for their top seller. Anybody can come along and leave negative feedback with no ability for the seller to do anything.

Community Member

IT IS EXTREEMLY UNFAIR TO SELLERS THAT WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE ANYTHING BUT POSITIVE FOR A BUYER EVEN IF THEY DO NOT PAY. I WOULD BLOCK ANY BUYER THAT HAS A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR A NON PAYMENT, I HAVE 4 THIS WEEK THAT DID NOT PAY AND I CAN'T DO A THING ABOUT IT, COME ON E-BAY DO THE RIGHT THING, LET US LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR NON PAYMENT.

ysjunkie
Community Member

As soon as you put a negative remark on a positive feedback they can have it removed.
ysjunkie
Community Member

Yes feedback is a joke. I had a buyer leave me negative because I did not leave feedback.
Community Member

Seriously?!?!

I have a buyer who purchased something and didn't pay for it and I can't leave negative feedback?

How am I supposed to protect myself from people who've done this in the past?

I just went to look at her feedback again and since I filed an unpaid item claim she's made her feedback private, so even if I leave positive feedback with a negative comment no-one can see it.

What kind of joke is this?!

Community Member

HOW DO YOU LEAVE A NEGATIVE FOR BUYERS-THE FEEDBACK SYSTEM SUCKS-EBAY IS SUCKING UP TO THE BUYERS WHILE SUCKING THE MONEY OUT OF THE SELLER-EBAY DOES NOT LISTEN TO THE SELLER AT ALL-i AM TEMPTED TO POST IN MY LISTINGS WHAT I THINK OF THE FEEDBACK SYSTEM.THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS I HAVE RECEIVED HAVE COME FROM NON PAYING BIDDERS AND CANCELLED AUCTIONS AND EBAY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING.

Community Member

So, I'm guessing this is why I'm now having starting to get Non Paying Buyers....they buy then change their mind.  One even stated she never had any intention of buying from Ebay so never added any payment information!  I guess with Ebay not allowing Sellers to add Negative Feedback to Bad Buyers these bad, non paying winners can just move on to the next Seller and we won't know until it's too late.

Community Member

Even though this is an old topic, I just wanted to voice my severe disappointment with ebay for this policy.

It used to be that you were able to leave negative feedback for a problem buyer (someone who takes a week to pay you, etc), but now ebay is so geared towards buyers that it has basically told it's sellers to p*ss off.  A buyer can leave negative feedback for absolutely no reason, but a seller can ONLY leave positive feedback?

Absolutely ridiculous.

Community Member

I am sick and tired of dealing with unreasonable buyers who leave me negative feedback just because they dont get what they want. The sad part is if you call eBay to try to resolve the issue, eBay  ALWAYS sides the buyer and yes we are the ones paying listings fees.....SO WRONG AND UNFAIR!!!

Community Member

So how is it fair that I don't get paid for an item I sold and I can't leave negative feedback? The next person's auction they bid on has no idea they didn't pay. Makes NO SENSE.

buyorsell888
Community Member

Sellers have not been able to leave negative or neutral feedback since May 2008....leaving negative comments in postive feedback results in removal and a slap on the wrist by eBay.

Make sure you open and properly close Unpaid Item Cases against all deadbeat buyers.You can't see the strikes but they are held against them eventually....

Make sure that your Buyer Requirements are set to "Block All Buyers with 2 NPB Strikes in 12 Months"

eBay no longers NARUs buyers upon third strikes BUT you CAN block them.

You can check monthly and see how many buyers your Buyer Requirements have blocked and why.....I see deadbeats blocked for too many NPB strikes every month....

I have buyers who I have blocked blocked from contacting me too so they can't bother me asking for me to let them bid.

The various buyer boards on the Answer Center and Discussions do get buyers who are blocked by half the eBay sellers for strikes whining all the time. It DOES work.

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
Community Member

Thanks for these tips...but it's a bit too late. I have been an ebay seller/buyer for 12 years, and am about to say goodbye to this place. Now that sellers cant leave negative feedback for buyers, buyers have *NO* impetus to pay for purchases. I've been seeing a lot of that lately...no response from the buyer when you ask them for the money...and all ebay does is refund your FVF. Big deal. Meanwhile the buyer has 100% positive feedback, and he is screwing sellers left and right.

I just had a person buy a refrigerator water filter from me without even knowing if it would fit his fridge. He opens it, breaks the seal, and then says it wont fit and wants to return it. When I tell him he cant, because he has now "used" it, and I can no longer sell it as new...he leaves me negative feedback, ruining and excellent feedback profile. And ebay wont do a thing about it.

I'll now be selling my stuff on Amazon, which is much more fair when these issues arise.

See ya, ebay.

Community Member

A HUGE AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!

Community Member

I have been selling for a few months and was pretty lucky with my buyers paying until recently.  The winning bidder (on a hot item with several bidders and watchers) did not pay, respond to my friendly email or invoice, and never responded to the unpaid item case.

And all he gets is an invisible check that only he can see as a mar on his record?

I can't even leave POSITIVE FEEDBACK with a Negative Comment on this jerk?