eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Listing not showing up in search results

A few hours ago I posted an item and it still isn't showing up in the search results. Why?

Other Answers: 11
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dylancarver

Ebay can't guarantee that the listing will be searchable for up to 24hrs yet they don't refund us the amount for that time period. 

That isn't right. 

jenny_lake
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dylancarver
mr_lees_deals
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dylancarver

Indexing can take several hours as it is, BUT you have already revised it twice and that just puts it back in queue to start all over again.

Leave it alone.

LC

“Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust.” Zig Ziglar
gearcomp33
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dylancarver

I have been using ebay for quite a while but now my posting will not show up in a search, what the hay are there upgrades blocking my progress? Since today i have ended all ebay auctions and are ready to quite i hate it, it makes me mad-angry-upset-whatever...fix it fix it fix, I am not a wiz but, jeez really. I like Ebay please fix the problem at hand>>> thanks A. Pineda<<< call or text 9093316619

Community Member
Answered
in reply to dylancarver
Ive had multiple items listed fir weeks and they do not show up in search. Patience is not the issue
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dylancarver

Hello all 

I have the same problem 

as i have listed a 5day listing and it been 4 days and the item is yet not available in search :smileysad:

I dont know y i have been losing my profit in the last item sold also :smileysad:

i dont know what to do now as if i get a loss on this item then it would b a bad experience with ebay 

Please help as only 24hr left for the bid to end 

Thank You for reading

Community Member
Answered
in reply to dylancarver
I am having same problem even when I am doing search for exact title. Have a feeling it is due to shipping details to certain countries not matching with shipping choices for this specific listing.
ruths_dream
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dylancarver

As it stated when you listed it  your listing may tkae up to 24 hours before it posts

Life Is A One Time Offer,
Use It Well.
kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dylancarver

Third Man Records Jack White Blunderbuss Lightning Bolt LP

You have revised it twice, so it is still in the indxing queue.

If your item sells make sure you have a real PayPal payment in your PP account before shippig. and require Signature on delivery (since transaction > $250).

silverstrad
Community Member
Answered
in reply to dylancarver

Did you read this - just above the "List your item" button  on the SYI page ?

"Your listing will be posted on eBay and can be viewed in My eBay.

Your listing may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category for several hours (or up to 24 hours in some circumstances), so eBay can't guarantee exact listing durations."

Community Member
Answered
in reply to dylancarver

Patience :manvery-happy: I know its hard... but it takes about 24hrs. If still not finding it then consider changing the category, title, or both. Goodluck!