Archive Selling
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post
Highlighted

Inventory Source - Anyone use them? Pros? Cons?

Inventory Source - Anyone use them? Pros? Cons?

bongotraders
Explorer

Has anyone used "Inventory Source" to manage drop shipping? They have a "Push to eBay" feature. Pros? Cons?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES

Re: Inventory Source - Anyone use them? Pros? Cons?

in reply to Sep 4, 2013 5:57:05 AM
tripp_the_lab
Rockstar

Well I've never used them but I can list a couple of cons.

There will certainly be more than one seller using them so getting your listing to stand out above theirs will be hard to do especially with a push to ebay button.

Drop shipping on ebay is risky business. The buyer will hold you responsible for any out of stock or delayed delivery issues. Ebay allows for a 2% failure rate for sellers. If the drop shippers failure rate is above that odds are you will be in ebay's dog house before too long.

You can call me Tony
Message 2 of 8

in reply to Sep 4, 2013 6:01:06 AM
littleoddsends
Trailblazer

There was a guy on here in the past week.  I think he was selling a hosed off a hosed up drop shipper that was taking 6+ weeks for delivery.  He seemed upset that the drop shipper wrote a nice letter explaining how hosed up their hose company is and asked ebay to forgive the hosed up seller due to the hosed up drop shipping hosing up the delivery of hoses.  Well, in the end ebay reviewed the hosed up letter from the hosed up hose company that was drop shipping the hoses to customers who felt they had been totally hosed and told the hose seller that his account on ebay was forever hosed up.  But, others are free to sell hoses from this hosed up drop shipper.

I think that response is totally hosed, but I hope you get the point.  (And yes, it's a true story)

Message 3 of 8

in reply to Sep 4, 2013 6:55:29 AM
winenegociant
Trailblazer
Littleoddsends always wanted to be a fireman when he grew up
Message 4 of 8

in reply to Sep 4, 2013 7:24:46 AM
acambridgestore
Trailblazer
Last Edited 07:28:17 AM

To put a fine point on this - when people are saying "in the ebay dog house" or "hosed up account" they are saying that you could wind up finding yourself BANNED FOR LIFE from selling on eBay.  That is right - BANNED FOR LIFE.

I know nothing of this particular drop-shipper.  I guess the question is are you willing to risk your ability to sell on eBay FOR LIFE by putting your performance ability in the hands of this third party?

Good luck!

Also, reread Miss_My_Jake's bit about competition and standing out.  

Message 5 of 8

in reply to Sep 4, 2013 7:27:41 AM
cobbie10
Trailblazer

I would never use ANY drop shipper. If you do not have the inventory in hand so that you can control the shipping, then do not list it on Ebay. 

Message 6 of 8

in reply to Sep 4, 2013 7:31:00 AM
black*max
Rockstar

Ask yourself this. Why wouldn't this drop shipper just push there items to eBay themselves?

The answer is they do, but at prices much lower than you can.

Also guess who's items get shipped and who's get backordered when stock gets low?

photo tig02-1.jpg
-A person can be rich in one of two ways, They can have lots of friends or lots of money, but not both.
Message 7 of 8

in reply to Sep 4, 2013 7:33:53 AM
acambridgestore
Trailblazer

Seriously, I could understand drop-shipping if I had some kind of reputation that would generate more sales for me than others could expect with the same product.

Like if I were Angelina Jolie - I could see a lot of people buying widgets from Angelina Jolie.

Otherwise, it makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

Message 8 of 8