eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Does anybody here use "salehoo" for drop shipping or wholesale purchasing?

I've heard a lot of good things about salehoo and I want to get signed up with them but I still want to hear what other users of salehoo think about it. So, has anybody used or is using salehoo for wholesale purchasing or drop shipping? If you do or did what are your thoughts on it? Good or bad investment?
Community Member

Re: Does anybody here use "salehoo" for drop shipping or wholesale purchasing?

in reply to dedadoo

No one here will recommend a drop shipper.   We hear too many sad stories about the Ebay seller getting all the flak from angry customers who didn't get what they ordered, or got defective merchandise, or were told their shipper was out of stock.   The drop shipper gets off free and clear and the poor seller gets all the blame.

Community Member

in reply to ritacummins

All of the above PLUS shipping is too slow.  Buyers expect samer day/next day shipping, drop shippers takes days, even weeks.

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 50,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Community Member

in reply to dedadoo

I would not recommend using any drop shipper. You will lose control of your business and will be subject to negative feedback and low dsr's.

Community Member

in reply to dedadoo

There's likely dozens and dozens of sellers already trying to make money using them and failing miserably.

Community Member

in reply to dedadoo

I’m not familiar with Salehoo but I do know that companies will drop ship for a fee.

Firstly you must have some satisfactory history and with recommendations open an account with vendor. As for drop shipping usually it’s a very modest charge like $1.50 -3.00 per item. You would also have to pay for the box & Packing material, depending on size of item may be $2.00 – I sell jewelry, good things come in small boxes.

You pay shipping costs directly by opening up a USPS, UPS and/or Fedex accounts and give drop shipper your numbers. If items are small I recommend USPS 1st Class for items under 13oz. Pay drop shipper through PayPal, they’ll expect payment before shipping. Use

MS Excell via email to order from drop shipper. Be sure to use their pictures and descriptions. Hassle free returns – don’t accept them except for damaged goods or description mistake resulting in misrepresentation.  Hope some of this helps.

Community Member

in reply to baycrestjewelry

baycrestjewelry wrote:

I’m not familiar with Salehoo but I do know that companies will drop ship for a fee.

Firstly you must have some satisfactory history and with recommendations open an account with vendor. As for drop shipping usually it’s a very modest charge like $1.50 -3.00 per item. You would also have to pay for the box & Packing material, depending on size of item may be $2.00 – I sell jewelry, good things come in small boxes.

You pay shipping costs directly by opening up a USPS, UPS and/or Fedex accounts and give drop shipper your numbers. If items are small I recommend USPS 1st Class for items under 13oz. Pay drop shipper through PayPal, they’ll expect payment before shipping. Use

MS Excell via email to order from drop shipper. Be sure to use their pictures and descriptions. Hassle free returns – don’t accept them except for damaged goods or description mistake resulting in misrepresentation.  Hope some of this helps.

Some will, but very few legitimate wholesalers will dropship.

Community Member

in reply to shabbychicandpink

OP,

From the salehoo website:

"SaleHoo Community: Over 100,000 retailers are using SaleHoo"

It sounds like you will be competing with thousands of other sellers, some of who are probably poor business people who are losing money.

Unlucky

Community Member

in reply to dedadoo

Paying a membership fee to a dropshipper/wholesaler locator that caters to eBay sellers is not a good move.

Your costs will be higher than if you find your own suppliers and buy direct.  You will be competing with many other eBay sellers who are also trying to take a get-rich-quick shortcut only to find the prices are too high and the competition too heavy.

SaleHoo makes the money, not many of the eBay sellers who join them will.

Community Member

in reply to muttlymob

The prices from Drop shippers are not very good either and most sell on eBay also and will always beat your prices.

photo tig02-1.jpg
-A person can be rich in one of two ways, They can have lots of friends or lots of money, but not both.
Community Member

in reply to dedadoo
Ok forget drop shipping. Would they be good to use to purchase items from wholesalers to resell? Most of the reviews I've heard on salehoo have been good but I don't want to give them my money and make no profit selling.
Community Member

in reply to dedadoo

If you have to pay SaleHoo to get access to these "wholesalers" you are not getting wholesale pricing.

You will be paying inflated pricing to compete with other sellers using the same service paying the same inflated pricing, and nobody but SaleHoo and the "wholesalers" wins.

Finding a good source of inventory is not as easy as paying to join a club that exists mainly for sellers who don't know how to find stuff to sell.

Community Member

in reply to dedadoo
Yes I know.
Community Member

in reply to dedadoo

I see they get a lot of stuff from China and claims it saves you the trouble and problems dealing with China which is all well and good. They connect you to wholesalers who buy from buy from China and charges you for it, wholesaler marks price up and adds shipping, you use their service, mark the price up and charge for shipping.... so if someone from China or the wholesaler or one of their thousands of clients who sells more quantity than you do for a LOT less then you can (and Chinese sellers ship for free) you couldn't come close to their price.

You put your name, reputation and business in someone else's hands. They have problems you will be the one permanently suspended, not them.

Many others are using the same service, some who can sell cheaper and have less costs. (Chinese sellers, wholesalers and competitors who sell by the thousands)

A lot of the positive "reviews" are either from salehoo itself or seems to be plants. The reason I say "plant" is I find it odd some reviews by supposedly different sources use the EXACT same words, some of them the entire review is almost the exact same.

Quality of items not the best but some reviews say prices low, with 3s soon counting as defects in NAD the move should be away from cheap low quality items for small sellers, which now that I think about it, maybe that was done on purpose to direct more business - sales of cheap items - towards Chinese sellers who ebay says is their future........ but that is a thought for another day.

I don't know if I'd trust someone who has nothing to lose and I don't know with my business. If things go bad you will be suspended for LIFE, they lose nothing. I won't sell anything on ebay for anyone unless I have the item in my possession.

Just some points to consider.

Community Member

in reply to unluckytheloser

unluckytheloser wrote:

From the salehoo website:

"SaleHoo Community: Over 100,000 retailers are using SaleHoo"

It sounds like you will be competing with thousands of other sellers, some of who are probably poor business people who are losing money. 

Of the testimonials shown on that site, only one cites an actual outside reference for their claims (a pointer to her eBay listings), and that turns out to be an account that's been abandoned since 2012. The other success stories contain no references at all, despite several of them claiming to be getting rich on eBay. I see no reason to believe any of those claims.

Community Member

in reply to buying4fun13

Any place claiming to be wholesale that don't require your resale license number are not wholesale at all, you may as well go to Walmart.

photo tig02-1.jpg
-A person can be rich in one of two ways, They can have lots of friends or lots of money, but not both.