eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • FedEx One Rate

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Does EBay have guidelines on how to measure a man's suit (coat especially)?

I measured a dinner jacket twice before I listed it.  In the description, I indicated that the chest measured 24" from underarm seam adder underarm seam when flat (total 48" around).   I also wrote that the label read 44R.  It's very typical for a jacket to measure 3-4 larger than the label so that you can move in it.  

I just received email from the buyer stating that the jacket does not faint and that my measurements are wrong.  He says 23", not 24".  This could be true if he's not measuring in the same place I did as the jacket tapers in towards the waist.  In any event, he wants a refund of cost/shipping that he paid and  for return shipping - because he feels I made the error.  This auction indicated no returns.

However, I'm wondering if there are some measuring standards that I should have used.  I'm not an expert in men's clothing, but was very specific about how I measured in the description.

Thank you for your advice

Other Answers: 3
mrsmtn
Community Member
Answered
in reply to k.urban21

The jacket does not faint?  What?

Just Google how to measure men's jackets (or pants or whatever).  Never mind your "no returns."  It just doesn't work on eBay. 

k.urban21
Community Member
Answered
in reply to k.urban21

Does not FIT, sorry.

auntella
Community Member
Answered
in reply to k.urban21

If you put "how to measure clothing on Ebay?" in Ask.com you will get several answers on how to measure clothing. This looked like a good one.

http://reviews.ebay.com/HOW-TO-MEASURE-CLOTHING-LIKE-THE-PROFESSIONALS?ugid=10000000007484735