eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member
Credit card chargeback to seller, is this common in EBAY even through Seller complied with all the Ebay Rules.

Sold Item 330799947655 BIN 9-26-12 buyer paid immediately. Item was mailed Priority USPS 9-27-12 with Delivery Confirmation Number of 9405 5096 9993 8178 3918 76. Received Email USPS item delivered to Buyer Ebayer/Paypal Address on 9-29-12 at 7:04 AM.  13 Nov 2012 received E-mail that funds from this sales were beening held in my Paypal account due to Buyer files Unauthorized Credit Card payment for this item. Have talked to Paypal twice and Ebay once and really thought I was in Good hands but I think that is the insurance Company (ALLSTATE) Moto. Paypal stated that they will try to me me with this but lookes like I may end up  with Payment $39.80 and a very nice pair of Johnston & Murphy Italian made Loafer ..   I'm I the only one having all the fun and games. fbargerjr@aol.com 

Other Answers: 7
pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fbargerjr

IF you have online viewable proof of shipping (or delivery), PayPal states they will protect sellers against claims of Unauthorized Use of Credit Card.

Read the left column at this page to see if you are covered:

http://www.pirsquare.notlong.com/paypal_new3.html

(Link to the PayPal policy is included there, as well)

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fbargerjr

I would be very interested in knowing how this comes out. If paypal authorizes the card, it should be on them to eat the fraud, not one of us. Please let us know

pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fbargerjr

Trinity -

The OP's concern was with "Buyer files Unauthorized Credit Card payment for this item. "  Not a "Not As Described" case.

You may have meant well, but the cases are different.

Please return to your question soon, and click "Accept as Solution" for any helpful answers, from any responder. If you were asked for clarification, please add your comments very quickly -- otherwise the responders may be unable to give further help
pi_r_square
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fbargerjr

chargeback for item not as described

Trinity -

chargeback for INR is a different bag of worms.

Did you mistype?

trinitybball23
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fbargerjr

My sister's going through one.  Buyer bought early Sept., we shipped the next day, rec'd. a few days later & then left excellent FB.  Early Nov. money sucked out of her account, saying chargeback for item not as described.  Buyer never contacted her.  60 days after the sale.  I'm pretty sure we're going to win, but this waiting around stinks.  She had to reply to the dispute in Paypal with the dc#.  Then she told her side of the story in the add notes section.  Her side of the story is everything I said above with the actual dates.

We've never had one of these before, so waiting to see how it plays out.  It's been about 10 days already.  Your case is different as it's saying unauthorized.  Let us know & GL!

=^^= Save a stray today.
trinitybball23
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fbargerjr

What did I write?  In my sister's case, he's claiming the item was not as described, he did receive it & left exellent FB.

=^^= Save a stray today.
trinitybball23
Community Member
Answered
in reply to fbargerjr

Thanks Pi.

=^^= Save a stray today.