eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Where is my saved item-for-sale draft?

Hi, so far I've been an eBay buyer but want to start selling, too. Last week I started a draft on an item for sale. It had a box to save for later which I checked, but I don't know where to retrieve it. I had originally clicked on a link "sell one like this" which brought up the selling form. Nothing shows up on my My eBay page. Please help. Thanks. And good selling to you!
Community Member

in reply to moonshadow613
Lon on
Go to Account (3rd Tab)
Go to option 2 - "Fill out the Sell Your Item form
Select"..down the line select "go to sell your item form"

It should be sitting there up the top. just spend half a bloddy hour trying to figure out how to do it...lol

Hope it helps.
Community Member

Thanks!
Community Member

Re: Where is my saved item-for-sale draft?

Could you please explain to me how to find the draft I've saved?

I cannot find it from the information that was given to you here... sounded like you found it.

thanks for any help!

-- Neva

sweet_2_beme
Community Member

In the same boat here too cant find my saved draft..Directions didnt help above as I dont see a sellers form ??? Any one else ?:_|

Community Member

I know! it's bloody hard to find - i nearly pulled my hair out trying to find mine when the website crashed! BUT... if you go to back as if you were starting all over again, you'll find a link to your item: go to "Sell" on your dashboard, then select "Start selling now". Then underneath where it says "Welcome sellers" and "Enter 3-5 words about your item", you'll see something like "complete unlisted item (description of your item) here" or something like that. I can't remember exactly what it said now... but it should take you back to your item. Well done for saving it as a draft. get into the habit of doing that all the time as the website often crashes! Hope this helps!

Community Member

Found It..... mouse over the "Sell Tab" on top next to My eBay

From the menu select "sell an item" The saved item is listed there.

Community Member

Last night I saved-as-draft my listing so I could complete it today when I had more info about the item. I also hit the "save-for-later" button to ensure that my listing would be there today. Then I shut down the computer.

Today, I go to complete my listing, but its nowhere to be found!! I tried the suggestions of the 2 previous posters, but no luck. I had spent a considerable amt. of time creating this listing - and now it appears to be gone.

If ebay is going to provide buttons that lead you to believe that you are performing a "save-as-draft" or "save-for-later", then that should be what is occurring - not that all your work being vaporized! In email apps, you can "save-as-draft" and have confidence that it will be there, even multiple ones that were done in the past. I'd suggest that ebay provide a mechanism similar, to save maybe up to the last 4 or 5 drafts, and make them easily accessible. Or an easy eay to print a hard copy, including all the description, not just whats visible in the edit box.

In the mean time, any help, tips, or suggestions with resuscitating my lost listing would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Community Member

Hello I started a sell item form on my HTC smartphone in the ebay app but when I get on the computer it is no where to be found. Is there anway it can be found on my laptop because I really do not want to start it over again but would like to finish it on my computer. plus I have no way right now to transfer the pictures I took on my phone onto the computer I thought they would transfer if I did it from my phone?

Community Member

Okay, I followed a.a.rocks directions:

"Found It..... mouse over the "Sell Tab" on top next to My eBay

From the menu select "sell an item" The saved item is listed there."

and mine still wasn't there...UNTIL...I logged out and closed the tab. I then opened up ebay in a new tab signed in again and followed the above directions and it was there!  Hope that helps you too!

Katie

Community Member

I have used this feature many times, yet TODAY, I cannot find last night's draft. I have a feeling that there is a bug that may have occurred when eBay revised the drop-down menu under "sell an item." We'll see. It is very annoying.

the_algarve_trader
Community Member

I am having the same problem saved a draft to do today and the thing has completely vanished, i click save as draft and save for later and none of them have appeared, has anybody had any feedback??

Community Member

I'm having the same problem, tried all the suggestions, nowhere to be found... :-(

Community Member

This problem was nagging me to, all you have to do is go to 'Sell an item' then click on 'Browse categories' and enter what you entered for the item you were selling and it will bring you to your unfinshed draft.

Hope it helps :-)

801proshop
Community Member

I just contacted eBay, and they said it's a "known issue" and their technicians are working on it. I've had this problem the past couple of days too (saved draft for later, and it's nowhere to be found).

I just had another listing freeze up and crash in the "add pictures" window frame, and I can't find it even though I saved it.

Anyway, I hope they figure this out soon, because I just lost 2 hours worth of work!

Community Member

Yesterday I saved three drafts after a lot of work on each, and today eBay only shows ONE!  How extremely irritating.  All that time wasted because I trusted eBay to have figured out how to manage this service. How hard can this be eBay?  All the online email programs allow us to safe drafts just fine.

Why not have a file for these on our "all selling" page, along with sold items, current listings, and scheduled listings.

We're PAYING eBay, and trust them to competently perform the services they offer.  Major fail.

Community Member

You can save only one draft at a time on eBAY. The problem of intermittently losing that one draft, however, is irritating. Many thanks for the suggestion made by 2819araceli. I will definitely try it, next time I lose the one I am working on. I have learned to pre-write it in a text file, however, so I still have most of my work if the draft gets lost.

Community Member

eBay should say that only one draft may be saved at a time (what's with that? not enough server space?!) and give a warning when a user tries to save a second one that the first will be deleted.  Then confirm "Do you want to delete the current draft?"

This is not a user/customer friendly system at all, and not very 21st century.

eBay, are you listening?

Community Member

They do say that you can save only one at a time, in their Help section. Here is the link: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unfinishedlisting.html

I am surprised to hear you be so negative about eBay. I am continually amazed at all the information they have available for newcomers like me. I think they are very organized and well-run.

Lucy

Community Member

The problem is they have way too much information and searching doesn't find what you're looking for.  I searched for help on saving a draft and/or getting it back, and it came up with gobs of totally unrelated information that I don't have time to sift through.  Like everyone else here, I spent HOURS working on two different listings and can't find either one of them.  NONE of the solutions in this thread has solved anything for me.  Extremely frustrating.  And I agree.  We're paying eBay; they could at least run their show a little better than Yahoo! does.