eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

EBAY store worth it?

Just wondering if opening an ebay store was worth it? Just the beginners one. Or at what point do you consider? I have so much clothes to sell but, man, the fees eat me alive!!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

EBAY store worth it?

in reply to houseofkidz
If you are going to manage to keep on selling then it's worth it. Even if your a beginner, you should try it out. It won't hurt that much. :-)
=================================================================================
Vote my guides helpful and i'll vote for yours too! Contact me privately first.
http://search.reviews.ebay.com/members/pyr0dude_W0QQuqtZg
=================================================================================
Please use plain text.
Community Member

EBAY store worth it?

in reply to houseofkidz
Oh I don't agree with the above advise. Many sellers, including powersellers, do well without paying for an ebay store.

First, an eBay store is designed for those who have large amounts of inventory. I would say a minimum of 100 listings! It's not just for random things you decide to sell. It's for those who decide to specialize in specific items and has plenty of those items.

The basic store costs $15 a month, regardless of whether or not you sell a single item. Store inventory listings are cheaper, only 5¢ or 6¢ if you use a gallery photo!

BUT the Final Value Fees are larger. They are 10% or more depending on the final price.

Also store inventory listings do NOT appear in the search. So, if you are selling a lot of 2T toddler clothes in your store and a potential buyer goes to ebay.com and types in "lot 2t clothes" your listing will NOT show up in the results. The potential customer would first see all the auction listings and on the bottom of that page there will be a "See additional results in eBay stores" and then yours would show up with other matching store results.

The only time your store items show up in the regular search is when there are 30 or less auctions results!

So, getting people to actualy find your store requires work on your part. Many eBay store owners also still run 10-20+ regular auctions per week and include links to their store in their auction descriptions.

So, if you are just getting started and sell things you have in your home or buy on clearance a store would end up costing you more than you would make if you just stuck with regular auctions. And regular auctions get more exposure.

My eBay fees alone between store listings, auction listings, FVF's end up being about $75-$100 a week! It costs money to make money! And if you can't afford that or have the inventory to make that worth while it's not worth it!
Please use plain text.
designerdealz4you
Community Member

Re: EBAY store worth it?

in reply to eco_mother

that was so helpful thank you!

Please use plain text.
pocomocomputing
Community Member

Re: EBAY store worth it?

in reply to designerdealz4you

designerdealz4you wrote:

that was so helpful thank you!

The information in the post by eco_mother is from the year 2008 and is not at all applicable to current eBay  stores fee structure. Please go to this eBay help page for current eBay fees for eBay stores.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/storefees.html

Please use plain text.